• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • budman93

Ultimate Member
    Mar 1, 2013
    Frederick County
    I'd say it would not be legal to put it together in state. But it looks pretty terrible. Why would you want that? Probably a great way to make a reliable mag unreliable.

TDS

Sep 17, 2013
    Why would it not be legal? You can own any capacity mag in MD. You just cannot buy/sell/transfer them in MD.

I think it may not be legal because you'd be manufacturing a larger than 10 round magazine. Or that's what I suspect based on my previous research and what people are saying here.

shadow116

2nd Class Citizen
    Feb 28, 2008
    Emmitsburg
    Here we go.

Attachments

• tenor.gif
      tenor.gif
      254.3 KB · Views: 405

TDS

Sep 17, 2013
    It is not feeding all 60 rounds into the gun at once. It just bonds 2 magazines together. Not very different from tapping 2 together to me?

No it does feed all 60.
    My original confusion was understanding how combining two legally obtained 30 round magazines into one 60 round magazine would change it's legal status. But I now believe that act of combining them would be considered 'manufacturing' and thus not legal.

kalister1

R.I.P.
    May 16, 2008
    Pasadena Maryland
    No it does feed all 60.
    My original confusion was understanding how combining two legally obtained 30 round magazines into one 60 round magazine would change it's legal status. But I now believe that act of combining them would be considered 'manufacturing' and thus not legal.

Does it come with the new spring you will need? I cannot watch the video at work.

From the Website.
    Assembly is easy, you simply remove the baseplates from your magazines and then lock them together with the Mag Double, no tools required. You don’t need to modify the magazines in any way, and you can combine them or revert them back to their normal configuration in under a minute.

Now one Magazine has the opening down and one is up into the rifle. How can it feed all 60? You need to remove the ASSY and re-insert it with the bottom magazine opening facing up.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    You don't need a new spring. It uses the two springs from the original mags.

I would bet, that there is a spacer that goes between the two springs.

But since it feeds all the rounds without a swap, IMO, it would be illegal.

A jungle clip (or duct tape) would be OK.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom