• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    The current gun buying climate offers an easy solution: Buy which ever is in stock first, then the other whenever it becomes available.

Gcs7th

Ultimate Member
    Jan 26, 2012
    AGC
    The 365 is thinner if that makes a difference the hk sk feels great in the hand. Might as well get both.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    But depends on what you're doing with it. Apples to oranges.
    The SK is a full size trim down to compact. The XL is a thin sub compact beefed up to a compact.

IX-3

Aug 21, 2018
    Eastern Shore, MD
    I have the P30SK (hammer fired version of the VP9SK) and prefer it over the P365XL. I have bigger hands and the P365XL’s being so thin doesn’t feel right in my hands. It’s manageable with the 15 round magazine but the 10 or 12 round is too small for my hands. With the P30SK being thicker I don’t have the same problem and I can use the 15 round magazines for my full-size P30 or I can buy some of the 17 round magazines HK released this year.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    I still don't understand the P365XL.

Yes, it feels better in the shop, but SHOOTING the P365, it is fine. I have put 200 rounds through mine in a single range session.

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    I still don't understand the P365XL.

Yes, it feels better in the shop, but SHOOTING the P365, it is fine. I have put 200 rounds through mine in a single range session.

I passed on the 365 due to grip length. Yes, I get you can use the magazines from the 365XL, but why would I want to give up sight radius and barrel length, when that isn't the hard part to conceal? Plus you get the flat trigger, if that's your thing, and the option for mounting optics, again if that's your thing.

I also carry IWB 9 out of 12 months. Being able to reach down and actually grab the grip and unholster is important to me. I don't pocket carry, and the 365 IWB is really hard to get a purchase on.

I would like a 365 for those times when pocket carry is the best option. And I realize I'd be sacrificing a bit. I wouldn't carry it IWB or OWB without the 12 round magazine. At that point why not pick up the extra sight radius and velocity?

To me, the G43x and 365XL are idea daily carry options. Anything bigger, or smaller, fall into a niche carry situation.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    I passed on the 365 due to grip length. Yes, I get you can use the magazines from the 365XL, but why would I want to give up sight radius and barrel length, when that isn't the hard part to conceal? Plus you get the flat trigger, if that's your thing, and the option for mounting optics, again if that's your thing.

I also carry IWB 9 out of 12 months. Being able to reach down and actually grab the grip and unholster is important to me. I don't pocket carry, and the 365 IWB is really hard to get a purchase on.

I would like a 365 for those times when pocket carry is the best option. And I realize I'd be sacrificing a bit. I wouldn't carry it IWB or OWB without the 12 round magazine. At that point why not pick up the extra sight radius and velocity?

To me, the G43x and 365XL are idea daily carry options. Anything bigger, or smaller, fall into a niche carry situation.

I don't carry much, only outside MD.

But I have not noticed any problem getting a grip on the 365 with 10 round mag.

How much more velocity are you getting?

Sight radius? Are you bullseye shooting with it???? :D

I just don't see bigger for a carry pistol. If I go bigger, I would move to .45 ACP.

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    I don't carry much, only outside MD.

But I have not noticed any problem getting a grip on the 365 with 10 round mag.

How much more velocity are you getting?

Sight radius? Are you bullseye shooting with it???? :D

I just don't see bigger for a carry pistol. If I go bigger, I would move to .45 ACP.

I carry just about everyday. Getting a grip on a small framed gun in an IWB is a real problem.

The reality is the vast majority of folks who carry never have to draw, let alone under any kind of pressure.

I've had my G19 setup in an IWB holster that felt comfortable and hid the grip well. I tried to draw from it and the belt prevented me from getting a full grip. Could I unholster the weapon? Certainly. But it was such a tight space to get it if one added stress it could be easily missed.

So those are my thoughts. If one is going to carry the 12/15 rounder magazine all the time the 365 makes little sense. Why give up anything velocity or sight radius if you don't have to? Regardless if it is minor or not. The slide is not the hard part to conceal.

But perhaps I'm in the minority. Only have 15 years of carrying nearly every day with 6 different guns.

These thin and larger guns are great. The 365 and smaller Kahrs etc. are more of a security blanket than a usable firearm IMHO. That is why I say the 365 would be a niche for me...just like anything larger than the 365XL/43X would be. I don't need to lug around a thick full grip/framed gun. But there are OWB situations where it is no worse than a smaller gun. So why not pick up the benefits of a full size gun?

Just food for thought.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    The 365 is so small, you can OWB carry it. No need for IWB since no one is going "deep cover".
    Regardless, if the grip is too small for someone (like me), it doesn't make sense to even own one.

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    The 365 is so small, you can OWB carry it. No need for IWB since no one is going "deep cover".
    Regardless, if the grip is too small for someone (like me), it doesn't make sense to even own one.

I suppose if you have to tuck your shirt in you'd pocket carry one?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom