Old August 26th, 2020, 03:56 PM #1
Banned

Banned

riot shootings in wisconsin

ICYMI, a car lot in Kenosha was attacked by rioters, and one of the family members shot one of the rioters in the head while he was running through the lot. I am trying to determine how screwed the shooter is.

As I read it, using force to protect property is legal, but cannot be the sole justifcation:

939.49  Defense of property and protection against retail theft.
Quote:
(1)  A person is privileged to threaten or intentionally use force against another for the purpose of preventing or terminating what the person reasonably believes to be an unlawful interference with the person's property. Only such degree of force or threat thereof may intentionally be used as the actor reasonably believes is necessary to prevent or terminate the interference. It is not reasonable to intentionally use force intended or likely to cause death or great bodily harm for the sole purpose of defense of one's property.
Anybody seen any good analysis yet?
ehall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2020, 04:06 PM #2

New guy, under 50 posts can’t see it. WC
delaware_export is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2020, 04:14 PM #3
I wanna go fast

I wanna go fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by delaware_export View Post
New guy, under 50 posts can’t see it. WC
To translate this for you OP, its being discussed at length in another thread. That thread is in another section that is restricted to members with at least 50 meaningful posts.
Old August 26th, 2020, 04:18 PM #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehall View Post
ICYMI, a car lot in Kenosha was attacked by rioters, and one of the family members shot one of the rioters in the head while he was running through the lot. I am trying to determine how screwed the shooter is.

As I read it, using force to protect property is legal, but cannot be the sole justifcation:

939.49  Defense of property and protection against retail theft.

Anybody seen any good analysis yet?
Maybe good that newer posters can discuss it.
namrelio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2020, 04:18 PM #5
Extinguished member

Extinguished member

Shit... I think my meaningful posts only number about a dozen...

OP, this is a great subject and of interest to many in our community. You picked a good one.

Before long you’ll have access to a section where this discussion and others like it are ongoing. Hell, some of the discussions are not only legitimate, they bring better understanding to those involved.

Welcome. You’ll be wading in deeper water before you know it.

The more folks I meet, the more I like my dogs.

Those who would give up their freedom for security will end up with neither...
Alea Jacta Est is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2020, 04:33 PM #6

What I’ve gathered, from that wc thread and other sources and vids - kid chased by first guy who threw what may have been an unlit molotov cocktail at him, kid turns and shoots him in head, sticks around for a minute before realizing the mob is coming for him, he flees, trips, two guys get on top of him, one swinging a skateboard at him, kid shoots and kills skateboard guy and other guy takes off, guy with a handgun comes at kid who is still on the ground, kid blasts an apple sized chunk of tissue out of that guy’s gun arm.

Unclear how the confrontation started that led to the kid being chased but seems like idiots all
around. Afaik the fact that he’s 17 renders a lot of the other stuff moot bc he was too young to open carry. Others may have a better summary or may correct some of the above.

If you’re carrying a gun every confrontation is a potential gunfight. This kid just learned the hard way.
gremlin42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2020, 04:37 PM #7
Banned

Banned

Okay cool. If anybody has any interesting outside links to share in the meantime I would like to read them
Old August 26th, 2020, 05:21 PM #8
Get off my lawn

Get off my lawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by GolfR View Post
Lesson #1 - Don't drive miles to put yourself into a situation like this. Especially if you can't legally own a gun! This kid is going to get the book thrown at him because the claim will be some sort of premeditation for going TO the problem with a gun and intent to harm.

Lesson #2 - Don't stand your ground on someone else's property where you have no right to be. We might see charges called against the whole group of people that came in to "defend" this property, especially if one was an organizer.

Lesson #3 - Don't run down the middle of the road fleeing the crime. Call the cops and get somewhere you can hide. This is important for anyone who is ever in this situation. If someone witnessed this kid popping off rounds in the street even a "good guy with a gun" couldn't distinguish him from a "bad guy with a gun". The kid is lucky that someone else (apparently there were lots of ARs around) didn't drop him thinking he was a crazed lunatic.

Lesson #4 - Remains to be seen but if you put yourself into these situations, nothing good will come of them. Whether this kid is guilty of murder in any degree or just defending himself, if he stayed home and played video games he would be alive.

Lesson #5 - The Cops aren't going to help anyone in the cities anymore. They can't distinguish who is good, who is bad, who killed who and they sure as hell aren't going to open fire unless they are defending themselves personally.

Lesson #6 - Brandishing a firearm might make you feel like more of a man but in real life it's only going to escalate the situation. CCW and only present should your life be in danger.

I fear that this is only the beginning of things like this happening.

This is absolutely going to be used by the anti-gun crowd as the poster reason that civilians shouldn't have AR15s.

I hope that this is a wake up call that proves to everyone that lawmakers, police, politicians, citizens, etc can't let violence persist night after night. For Gods sake...parents keep your guns locked up and your kids at home!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norton View Post
Just a couple of random peaceful protestors.
Quote:
Shoulda stuck to the half pipes with that skateboard.
Quote:
Here's the interesting thing that I see in watching these videos now several times; I see that both the people guarding the gas station and the black men there seem to be more or less dialoging and trying to pull some of the more hot headed people back.

It's mostly going well other then he-who-leaks-from-head and halfpipe who seem to keep moving forward and provoking things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decoy View Post
Here are 2 of the videos that keeps getting deleted, same guy, look at the shoes, shirt and shorts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehall View Post
Okay cool. If anybody has any interesting outside links to share in the meantime I would like to read them
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokey0118 View Post
Here are all the shots. They are all justified uses of force against members of a violent mob actively attacking him. The most obvious use of force is against the "medic" that ran to him with a pistol to try to execute him.

Here's a video timeline in chronological order.
timeline...

Before headshot shooting- ARman is being chased by rioters screaming threats at him. The guy that is capped in the head is chasing him, throws something at him, then charges him.
https://twitter.com/MarketingBoon/st...59646886760450

headshot shooting
https://twitter.com/stillgray/status...85918303580162

Here's the bridge between the headshot and the street shooting
https://twitter.com/MarkDice/status/1298487399995936770

And videos of the shooting in the street.
Approach and shots
https://twitter.com/selfdeclaredref/...89882566955009
Trip and shots
https://twitter.com/stillgray/status...85570277015552
trip, shots, and police arriving

https://twitter.com/stillgray/status...07433975799809
How long before the leftist dead and wounded find their names on a hashtag/shirt/sign?

Maybe these can be seen here. Hurry before the leftists at YT remove them (again).
Jeffrey A. Perkins Heated Debate JUL 27, 2015 post #15 (on http://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/poll-do-y...ry-guns-public ) Our government was tasked with protecting freedoms and should it fail, our people are to be so equipped that governmental protection of those freedoms is not necessary.
Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2020, 05:28 PM #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alea Jacta Est View Post
Shit... I think my meaningful posts only number about a dozen...
That’s funny as hell!
Batt816 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2020, 05:50 PM #10
Banned

Banned

This seems pretty comprehensive https://www.redstate.com/shipwrecked.../08/26/905992/

Home Page > Forum List > Gun Rights and Legislation > National 2A Issues