• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rouchna

Defund the ATF
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 25, 2009
    Virginia
    I am relocating one of my Sales reps from Indiana. She is taking over the MD, DE, NJ territory. She is single and is trying to stay within a budget. She found 2 places she likes that meet her needs. One in Northeast and one in Havre de Grace. Are those pretty safe areas for a woman living on her own? She is not a gun person and I’m pretty sure she is quite liberal however, she is a really good employee and I want to make sure she ends up in a decent area. Any feedback will be extremely helpful. Thank you.

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    Both have rough spots. Theres a trailer park in NE that's the source of 90% of the areas issues. Route 40 causes most issues in HdG and it also runs right through Northeast.

If you send her further north in Harford County you get away from the 95 corridor. I grew up in Darlington which is only 15 minutes from I95. Peaceful corn filled area of the world.

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    I am relocating one of my Sales reps from Indiana. She is taking over the MD, DE, NJ territory. She is single and is trying to stay within a budget. She found 2 places she likes that meet her needs. One in Northeast and one in Havre de Grace. Are those pretty safe areas for a woman living on her own? She is not a gun person and I’m pretty sure she is quite liberal however, she is a really good employee and I want to make sure she ends up in a decent area. Any feedback will be extremely helpful. Thank you.

There are some very nice areas and some shady areas in both. A little more detail for location might be helpful. In general I think that thr further away from Rt 40, the better

rouchna

Defund the ATF
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 25, 2009
    Virginia
    Both have rough spots. Theres a trailer park in NE that's the source of 90% of the areas issues. Route 40 causes most issues in HdG and it also runs right through Northeast.

If you send her further north in Harford County you get away from the 95 corridor. I grew up in Darlington which is only 15 minutes from I95. Peaceful corn filled area of the world.

There are some very nice areas and some shady areas in both. A little more detail for location might be helpful. In general I think that thr further away from Rt 40, the better

Thank you. One place she likes is an apartment complex in Havre de grace.

It’s called The Cove at HDG. It’s on Chesapeake drive. Not sure if that helps.

Attachments

• 6344A4DB-0DFD-486E-80C1-E8815F9367CE.jpg
      6344A4DB-0DFD-486E-80C1-E8815F9367CE.jpg
      120.8 KB · Views: 622

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    Not aware of any real crap spots around there but we have members here who live in HdG.

Could also call their police dept. They've always been friendly in my dealings. Small town PD.

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County

I think that's a pretty nice area, right on the water.

I have a friend that lives not too far from there and she has a few winners on her street; a neighbor that steals her mail and threatens her husband, anothe neighbor that gets drunk and goes out front screaming and yelling at people. Other than that it's a nice block! LOL!

Tungsten

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2012
    Elkridge, Leftistan
    An anti gun liberal..... maybe just recommend a place on the edge of terrible. It may be a great way to get her to see the light without being in too much danger.

tdt91

I will miss you my friend
    Apr 24, 2009
    Abingdon

thats a safe area and the cove used to be excellent bass fishing.
    why bring a liberal into the remaining district where MD has it's only Republican Congressman?
    Have her go anywhere thats not District 1

rouchna

Defund the ATF
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 25, 2009
    Virginia
    thats a safe area and the cove used to be excellent bass fishing.
    why bring a liberal into the remaining district where MD has it's only Republican Congressman?
    Have her go anywhere thats not District 1

The good news is, she is Canadian with a Green card. She can’t vote.
    Thanks for the info.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

XCheckR

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 20, 2013
    HdG
    HdG resident. Moved here a year ago. Lots of good areas, and some that are more rough.

I've been by that apt building. Looks nice and clean. There are some interesting areas nearby but still safe.

There are other places she can look closer to town.

And lots of add on apts in houses etc.

The HdG police are good folks and can shed light on where issues are. I've met several of the officers and the chief. All good people.

knovotny

Feb 5, 2013
    Aberdeen, MD
    As others have said, along the route 40 corridor they are plenty of unsavory places, but also plenty of nice places. Something to take into consideration is which side of the river will she be working? You can get an EZ Pass plan for the 40 bridge at I think 20/year, but not for 95. 1 across the Dam is free. Havre de Grace has a great downtown area with lots of activities (well, at least during non pandemic times). The unsavory places are generally pretty obvious to look at. Lots of history there, a great promenade to walk along the water, cool buildings, parks. If she wants to live in town, it's a great choice.
    I know less about NorthEast, but it also has some nice areas and some less than stellar areas. The trailer park (behind the police barracks! Ha!) pretty much drives the crime there. It also has some nice things along Main Street, but is less walking friendly than HdG. There is a nice park there. Both places have kayak launch ramps and nice paddling. Harford County has more amenities than Cecil. Way more options for grocery shopping, restaurants, etc in Harford than Cecil. Cecil is more rural, but it sounds like she may not be concerned with that?

18wheeler

Mar 16, 2019
    Perryville
    Havre de Grace sucks. I lived there for a few years. Lots of dumbass kids. Lots of stupid small town crap that makes parking a nightmare. It is a little better on the other side of 40 away from the town itself.

Northeast, especially along route 7 is quite nice. The rest is Meh.

I live in Perryville currently, and I love it. It is a low traffic little area, with some nice waterfront properties, much lower in taxes than HdG.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom