• JChris

Jan 10, 2021
    Clarksburg
    What kind of gun will you buy with your stimulus check? :D

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    None, cuz i won’t be getting one.

Instead I’m going to be working 12 hour shifts for a month straight, with 5 schedule changes, desperately arranging child child care after each schedule change, and the still owe 5K in taxes.

JChris

Jan 10, 2021
    Clarksburg

Instead I’m going to be working 12 hour shifts for a month straight, with 5 schedule changes, desperately arranging child child care after each schedule change, and the still owe 5K in taxes.

ouch,
    sounds like a young mans chore!

Cp193

Sep 24, 2020
    I wish I could get one, considering all the taxes I’m paying...either way I still don’t think $1400 Is enough for all the crap people went through last year

spoon059

Ultimate Member
    Jun 1, 2018
    Getting my floors refinished with the first round. The proposed second round might be just enough to get my roof replaced. I'm not overpaying for any guns right now, but if the right one comes along I might buy one. I'm going to keep my eyes open for some more blemished AR lowers, that's about all that I'm in the market for. I've got several uppers, one that I haven't even shot yet and one that barely has 50 rounds through it.

Any money that I would spend gun related would be primers and powder, but only at fair price, not gouging prices.

rootytootyshooty

Apr 12, 2019
    This round of stimulus went to ammo from some locals. This one is likely half in savings and half to some weights for the gym, maybe a single action .22

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011

Stay frosty and stay safe.

MaxVO2

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Getting my floors refinished with the first round. The proposed second round might be just enough to get my roof replaced. I'm not overpaying for any guns right now, but if the right one comes along I might buy one. I'm going to keep my eyes open for some more blemished AR lowers, that's about all that I'm in the market for. I've got several uppers, one that I haven't even shot yet and one that barely has 50 rounds through it.

Any money that I would spend gun related would be primers and powder, but only at fair price, not gouging prices.

*****Holy smokes! Do you live in a refrigerator box under the Whitehurst Freeway!!?? :shocked4:

HOW are the stimulus checks you are getting paying to both refinish your floors and put on a new (cardboard?, chunk of sheet metal??) roof on a house?!! Even my cheapie rentals, which are townhouses - a new roof is minimum $5k, and refinishing (sanding, several coats of poly, etc..) floors is like $2k.

I gotta gets me some stimulus checks! All I do is pay taxes it seems and kvetch about the current price of ammo, the lack of Playstation 5's available, and my complete and total lack of skill and ability to play a decent game of pickup basketball with my friends at the gym...

I guess I should be thankful I have a roof over my head, my health, and have enough to pay all of my taxes.

Maybe the IRS or at least MoCo will send me a nice thank you note for my December 31, and January 15th tax contributions! I have about enough left to buy a refrigerator box now ! :lol:

Rich1911

Ultimate Member
    Mar 8, 2012
    *****Holy smokes! Do you live in a refrigerator box under the Whitehurst Freeway!!?? :shocked4:

HOW are the stimulus checks you are getting paying to both refinish your floors and put on a new (cardboard?, chunk of sheet metal??) roof on a house?!! Even my cheapie rentals, which are townhouses - a new roof is minimum $5k, and refinishing (sanding, several coats of poly, etc..) floors is like $2k.

I gotta gets me some stimulus checks! All I do is pay taxes it seems and kvetch about the current price of ammo, the lack of Playstation 5's available, and my complete and total lack of skill and ability to play a decent game of pickup basketball with my friends at the gym...

I guess I should be thankful I have a roof over my head, my health, and have enough to pay all of my taxes.

Maybe the IRS or at least MoCo will send me a nice thank you note for my December 31, and January 15th tax contributions! I have about enough left to buy a refrigerator box now ! :lol:

Probably has a few kids and at $2000 per it can add up pretty fast..

spoon059

Ultimate Member
    Jun 1, 2018

Ha! I've got 4 dependents and my wife stays at home to home school/raise the kids!!! I'm under the $150K income, by quite a bit unfortunately. Got $3000 from this most recent round ($600 per). If the next round goes through I'm slated to get $7000 more ($1400 per). The floors are looking to be right around $3. Hoping my roof will be under $10, so I'll have to come out of savings a little bit for that.

Fortunately just about everything else has been replaced on my house. Kitchen was upgraded 13 years ago, new bathrooms. Just finished re-doing the basement. AC isn't very old. Just have the floors and roof need to be replaced before we sell it when I retire in 6 years, 1 month and 4 days. Hopefully appliances and boiler last 6 years, then the new owners can replace those!

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    If I was getting a stimulus check, it wouldn't be enough to buy a Raven 25acp.

Sometimes Inhave to wonder if being a productive member of society is worth it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom