• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • j26sub

May 8, 2018
    Any of the IPs sell the 5D AR 15 Pro Jig? I don't have a need for the universal one. I would also like to buy the tool kit and an extra readymill. Thanks!

SWO Daddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2011
    I would also buy the pre-anodized. You can't realistically achieve a type 3 anodize at home without spending a lot of money. Buy the pre-anodized and "alumablack" the milled areas.

357Max

Feb 28, 2019
    Crownsville
    Also 7075 80% lowers. Can't decide on raw and diy anodize or pre anodized

American made tactical FORGED 7075 lowers have been in spec for me. This one!
    https://americanmadetactical.com/product/80-lower-ar-15-forged-anodized/

While machining I added these ambi bolt catch/release to the forged lowers.
    They work great! A little cheaper from Primary Arms then buying direct.
    https://www.primaryarms.com/teal-bl...ase-for-aero-precision-ambi-lowers-aprh100012

Avoid their billet AR 15 lowers. I had to send them back WAY out of spec. Rear take down shelf was .020 to wide (talk about rattle).

I did have success with there Billet AR10from them, but rear take down pocket was not pre-milled by them.

Warning, one caveat to the below recommendation!!! The billet may not work with the 5D jig?? I machined mine in a mill vise without the jig. I can also tell you that although both are 7075, the billet was noticeably tougher to machine with a 3 flute carbide end mill.

If you want Billet 7075 AR 15 lower I'd highly recommend JL Billet. Really nice with ambi controls (The only 80% I've found). You will likely need to get put on their notification list and then jump on it when they have a few in stock.
    Edit: They actually have these in stock right now Hard Black Anodize.

http://www.jlbillet.com/ar15-ambidextrous-80-lower/

I'd highly recommend a VLTOR Mur upper to mate with this.

I have used hard anodized exclusively and once machined you cant tell it's not factory aside from lack of #'s. It's well worth a $10.00 up charge even if you plan to Cerecote over it.

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    Anodizing creates more surface hardness, protects against corrosion, doesn't conduct electricity (protects against galvanic corrosion), and looks better.
    I am familiar with the finished product, the process and the colors I was curious as to the benefits in this application, thanks anyway though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom