• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Can it really be this simple?
    Can I get a couple cheap drop-in .22LR conversion BCGs and .22LR mags and store my rifles in a rim fire configuration as a way around the HBAR requirement?

$150

133311.jpg

You own a pre 10/1/2013 lower, correct? If so, you can legally keep everything you own, provided the uppers and lowers are not mated. It will be illegal for your post 10/1/2013 lowers to be attached to a non-HBAR upper in .223/5.56. The ownership of a registered pre 10/1/2013 lower negates any concept of constructive intent.

Skipjacks

Ultimate Member
    You own a pre 10/1/2013 lower, correct? If so, you can legally keep everything you own, provided the uppers and lowers are not mated. It will be illegal for your post 10/1/2013 lowers to be attached to a non-HBAR upper in .223/5.56. The ownership of a registered pre 10/1/2013 lower negates any concept of constructive intent.

Anyone from a normal state reading this would be scratching his head asking "Do y'all choose your lawmakers from some kind of jobs for the mentally ill program?"

Everything you say is legally correct. It just sounds so insanely stupid when you read it out loud.

Gun are bad if they were made after a certain date! Guns made before that date are fine!

We seriously live in the dumbest state in the Union.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    Anyone from a normal state reading this would be scratching his head asking "Do y'all choose your lawmakers from some kind of jobs for the mentally ill program?"

Everything you say is legally correct. It just sounds so insanely stupid when you read it out loud.

Gun are bad if they were made after a certain date! Guns made before that date are fine!

We seriously live in the dumbest state in the Union.

Pretty sure we do.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    *If* you are speaking of a post '13 non-HBAR , a drop in conversion probably won't cut it , as they are designed to quickly convert back to .223 .

A dedicated .22lr up would , and also remove the 29in OAL and folding stock requirements .

deesly1

Nov 16, 2011
    My wife is from Mercer County and my mother in law is your neighbor in Westampton (just off Rancocas Rd and 295). Scrapple is better than pork roll. Jersey makes the best pizza.

Maryland laws are very confusing, but here are the FAQ's:
    1- AR's, AK's and most other sporting rifles owned prior to 10/1/2013 are legal to bring in to the state. You need to be able to prove when they were bought and register them within 90 days.
    2- AR rifles in .223/5.56 bought after 10/1/2013 must be marked or marketed as heavy barrel.
    3- Handguns need to be registered within 90 days.
    4- Magazines of any capacity are legal here, but they must enter the state while in your possession- no shipping, buying, selling, offering for sale, etc. within Maryland. Stop in PA or DE and load up on your way down.
    5- For new (to you) handgun purchases once in Marylandistan, a Handgun Qualification License (HQL) is required.
    6- Handguns cannot be "kept" in your trunk. They can only be transported to a range, gunsmith, etc.
    7- A CCW license is a lost cause unless you're: a business owner, Fed employee victim of the security breech or politically connected.
    8- The "copycat" law is about interchangeable parts. If I started making AK-48 rifles that have most (or all) parts interchangeable with an AK-47, it would be a copycat. EX: The AK-74 and VZ58 are legal here because the parts don't swap with a banned rifle (AK-47) There are many other examples.

What town are you moving to?

Curious. where is this Handguns cannot be "kept" in your trunk. in SB 281 or COMAR? Asking for a friend!:)

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    I guess you could keep it in your trunk parked fully on your property (definitely not parked on public street).

BUT any time you are not traveling within the few exceptions for legal transport, you would have to remove and store elsewhere. The effort involved and the chance of mistake would definitely not be worth any convenience, and repeating, not off your owned property and curtilage of the adjoining roadway.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Dates back to the original statute in 1972 creating the Carry Permit , and related process .

Prior to that , there was essentially no Concealed carry , no state level restrictions on Open Carry , or transport .

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Other than Because You Can , is there a reason to Want to store your firearms in the trunk of an non moveable vehicle parked on your property ? I'm actually trying to , and the best I can think of is to have the storage car parked just inside the property line , so that you could arm up before approaching the house, if there is anything suspicious .

Am I overlooking anything ?

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    Other than Because You Can , is there a reason to Want to store your firearms in the trunk of an non moveable vehicle parked on your property ? I'm actually trying to , and the best I can think of is to have the storage car parked just inside the property line , so that you could arm up before approaching the house, if there is anything suspicious .

Am I overlooking anything ?

The fact that car trunks are one of the easiest things to open. Legally it may be 'locked' and/or 'secured' - but in my mind it would be a gift to those with poor behavior and bad manners.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom