• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dave2555

Feb 18, 2020
    Hello. Im new to the forum. Hope you don't mind me making a post that might have already been on here. I'm going to be moving to MD shortly from PA. Needless to say im in for some big changes when it comes to my 2nd amendment rights. But that's another topic. So i own an AR that is chambered 45 acp. It is a bazooka Bros lower and 45 olympic upper with 16'' barrel. I bought this a number of years ago and its a fun little rifle to shoot. I contacted a local msp barrack and they couldn't tell me for sure if this set up is ok in MD or not. I called Annapolis 2 times and left messages for people to call me back and they never did. I the called a few gun shops in the area i am going to be living and they seemed to think it would be ok. As much as i don't agree with the law i am a law abiding citizen and id like to know for sure if i can own this or not. I like going to the range and wouldn't feel comfortable taking this with me with all the unclarity. Thanks for any insight you may have.

RuralRifleGuy

Aug 16, 2018
    Queenstown
    A pistol caliber carbine does not need to worry about being HBAR. As long as you don't have two of the features considered "evil" you should be good to go. This link covers examples of how to determine if your rifle is banned. Since Bazooka Bros isn't a listed brand and the Olympic upper isn't listed you only have to ensure you don't have too many "evil" features.

HaveBlue

HaveBlue
    Dec 4, 2014
    Virginia
    Read the applicable laws carefully. Then read them again. Use that reading as filter for which advice to take.

I don’t know the answer to your question. I have a great deal of respect for our LEOs but I wouldn’t trust my freedom to their advise on firearms laws either.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    if its a rifle - assuming that you have a detachable mag, its over 29" OAL, as long as you don't have both a folding stock and flash hider, you are fine. The link to check is in post #2.

Now, if its a pistol (i.e. you have a brace) then none of that applies, but you do have to involuntarily voluntarily register it.

Of course if you have any misgivings, I will take it off your hands for $1 ;)

dave2555

Feb 18, 2020
    Thanks so much for every ones reply. Its very helpful. My firearm is a rifle and has a telescoping stock but not folding. It does have a flash hider but that should be the only evil feature on it. I'm going to keep it and enjoy shooting it with my son. As far as LOE , I as well have great respect for them and what they do. One of my friends is a state cop and I used to be part of the pa ang where I got to work with security forces a lot. There great guys. Just because they wear the badge doesn't mean they agree with what they have to enforce all the time. And there jobs can be confusing as well. In my opinion its the law makers that are out of there minds. Thanks Again and Happy Shooting!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom