• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Is it legal for a Maryland resident to order and ship a banned magazine to his brother in NC? I went through the online Sportsmansguide order process to have it shipped to my MD address and as expected received a message that the order could not be completed. I established a secondary NC address and it looks like the order can be completed - but i did not hit the "send" button because i don't know if it's legal.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Is it legal for a Maryland resident to order and ship a banned magazine to his brother in NC? I went through the online Sportsmansguide order process to have it shipped to my MD address and as expected received a message that the order could not be completed. I established a secondary NC address and it looks like the order can be completed - but i did not hit the "send" button because i don't know if it's legal.

It is perfectly legal for you to have standard capacity magazines shipped to addresses outside of Maryland. But you will find that some vendors will refuse to do so when the BILLING address on the card is at a Maryland address. For many of them, no amount of education about the state's silly law will make them willing to overrule their own hired lawyers on the matter, so you just have to move on to a different seller.

SkiPatrolDude

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 24, 2017
    Timonium-Lutherville
    Is it legal for a Maryland resident to order and ship a banned magazine to his brother in NC? I went through the online Sportsmansguide order process to have it shipped to my MD address and as expected received a message that the order could not be completed. I established a secondary NC address and it looks like the order can be completed - but i did not hit the "send" button because i don't know if it's legal.

Never experienced problems ordering standard capacity mags to my condo in Delaware with a MD billing address.

Silverlode

Ultimate Member
    Aug 16, 2010
    Frederick
    There's a first time for everything

It has been discussed ad nauseam here and elsewhere since 2013. I don’t recall ever seeing an MSP or AG opinion. I think the wise thing is for nobody to ask the question and do what you are going to do. Sounds legal to me by my interpretation of the law.

marko

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jan 28, 2009
    I may or may not have ordered way too many to be delivered to my friend's house in VA. Completely legal.
    MD lawmakers are stupid people.

GSXR750

Nov 28, 2012
    I believe so, I believe that I read that you are allowed to sell it out of state as well as long as the recipient can legally own it in his/her own state?

Alan3413

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2013
    2309538-spider_sense_by_spideray_d4mzxm8.png

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    I find the term “high capacity” triggering and inaccurate. Standard capacity is correct and makes me feel better. Thank you for respecting us AmmoSexuals.

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    Can they really disguise themselves ?

I have a question can I make 3D mags with a 1000 round capacity and make them look like extra large bananas ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom