• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    Great thread and really necessary information.

Now does anyone have a list of folks who have "as members of the prior board" voted in ways which were contrary to our interests? THEY would be deserving of a swift boot out.

However, It would be a good thing if we do not take a simple "dump them all" approach... thereby dumping some who we actually need to be there. Can we try to find out who helped us... and try to help them?

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Hopefully someone will take this national, find and vet potential candidates, fine-tune a shortlist, and put it out there. Ballots due on or before March 29. It will take serious computer/networking skill to bring this to as many disaffected voting members as possible.

There is room on the ballot for five (5) write-in candidates. I would suggest that the final list not exceed five. If everyone selects the same five, some of them might actually get on the board. Hopefully WLP would take notice; hopefully WLP will not work to stab the five in the back and push them out. At least it might grab the attention of the rest of the board that the rank and file are sedrious about seeking top-down change.

With the voting membership allowed to choose up to 31 candidates, the risk of diluting the candidate pool is high. I suspect this is how WLP has managed to stay on top for so long.

Do NOT vote for 31 candidates. Vote ONLY for those who support our position. I can't emphasise this enough.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    I've just voted only for candidates recommended by Wolfwood or other trustworthy MDS members, and Tom Selleck, because of the moustache and his Fitz Special.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    Some info at. https://www.savethe2a.org.

Looks like they are going to do a review of the folks running for office and give us the best ones to vote for.

After reading the brief resume's in this month's American Rifleman I think like some have already said, if they're a current board member they need to go.

Another way of voting is bullet voting where you only vote for a few that you fully support that are running for office. When they tally the final votes the one with the most win and you don't give other people votes to edge your choice out.

...Hopefully WLP would take notice; hopefully WLP will not work to stab the five in the back and push them out. At least it might grab the attention of the rest of the board that the rank and file are sedrious about seeking top-down change.

With the voting membership allowed to choose up to 31 candidates, the risk of diluting the candidate pool is high. I suspect this is how WLP has managed to stay on top for so long.

Do NOT vote for 31 candidates. Vote ONLY for those who support our position. I can't emphasise this enough.

I've just voted only for candidates recommended by Wolfwood or other trustworthy MDS members, and Tom Selleck, because of the moustache and his Fitz Special.

My emphasis added as endorsement. I'm definitely trolling for recommendations here. I ONLY vote for the candidates that appear trustworthy. I suspect that there are a LOT of us that are fed up nationwide that do the same.

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    My emphasis added as endorsement. I'm definitely trolling for recommendations here. I ONLY vote for the candidates that appear trustworthy. I suspect that there are a LOT of us that are fed up nationwide that do the same.

Maybe I have missed it in the shuffle... But I have yet to see any list of folks listed as candidates... who would best represent us on this board. If there is such a list and some words of support, such as voting records or accomplishments other than the run of the mill recommendations from those already on the board... Could someone present it?

swamplynx

MDS Supporter
    Jul 28, 2014
    DC
    Maybe I have missed it in the shuffle... But I have yet to see any list of folks listed as candidates... who would best represent us on this board. If there is such a list and some words of support, such as voting records or accomplishments other than the run of the mill recommendations from those already on the board... Could someone present it?

These guys released a comprehensive voter guide with recommendations a few days ago...

https://www.savethe2a.org/vote/

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    These guys released a comprehensive voter guide with recommendations a few days ago...

https://www.savethe2a.org/vote/

Actually the guide contains a list of the candidates with bio capsules and links to research. There is a two-hour+ YT video where the authors "discuss" the candidates (I have more productive ways to kill an afternoon).

Swamplynx's link above has the seven actual specific recommendations.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChgTOeJ-DjkQxhFSGO0ZZCA

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    This topic was on my mind since I have now found my ballot. Ammoland had some articles from this group on recommendations, but I don't see how I could justify voting for an incumbent at this point. Am I mistaken here?
    MG

Nothing wrong with keeping an incumbent... SO LONG AS said incumbent has performed well in the interests of our 2A rights.

If not? BOOT:tdown:

Boxcab

MSI EM
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 22, 2007
    AA County
    Voted and put in todays mail!

Only voted 8 names.

Attachments

• 20200206_054039.jpg
      20200206_054039.jpg
      35.2 KB · Views: 180

BigCountry14

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 17, 2013
    The save the 2a link was pretty helpful. Mailed my ballot yesterday.

Also just saw the the American Suppressor Association endorsed Graham Hill.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

swamplynx

MDS Supporter
    Jul 28, 2014
    DC
    Voted and put in todays mail!

Only voted 8 names.

Yep. Me too. Only 9 names.

With the low response rate (~7%), it’s a shame that someone doesn’t put forward a campaign of strong write-ins that are both solidly pro 2A and also won’t squander our dues. I suppose the primary problem is that the campaign would be challenging and expensive to target, since no way you are getting a voting members list from the NRA.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom