• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rhott25

Nov 17, 2018
    Silencer wait:

So I mailed the paperwork in September
    Check was cashed Sept 15.
    Still waiting. I expect that if I would have completed the eforms it might have been done sooner. This is not my first rodeo.

KJackson

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 3, 2017
    Carroll County
    Form 4 individual. I dont recall the exact date, let's say mid April 2019, pick up today.

NFA transfer tracker says about 270 days for 4/2019, about right.

Sounds about like mine. Purchased late March, 2019 and picked up last week for Form 4 individual.

revobreaker

Nov 13, 2011
    SOMD
    At what point should I contact someone to see my status?

I had two suppressors in jail. atf cashed both checks Jan 4 2019. I got one Dec 9, and haven't heard a peep about the other...

Should I not have expected to get both close to the same time?

IX-3

Aug 21, 2018
    Eastern Shore, MD
    I dunno how y’all make sbrs work in this state. I feel like it’s almost impossible to make a pistol ar or sub gun make it to 29 inch oal.

Rifle caliber AR's with 10.5" barrels will all be over 29" when made into an SBR. Pistol caliber AR's need a longer stock or thicker buttpad on the stock. My 10.5" 9MM is 28.75" based on my measuring against my 16" carbine. When I SBR it I just need to go with a Magpul ACS stock instead of a basic MOE stock. The ACS stocks are over an inch longer than the MOE's.

Other guns like MP5 clones are a lot harder and usually require a lot of creative ideas. Someone on here posted a fixed stock MP5 clone SBR that they modified the stock on to make it able to extend. It can extend over the 29" mark for measuring purposes but can be kept collapsed to shoot it the way an MP5 is meant to be. I personally don't see the hassle worth it in that scenario. I'd rather just throw a folding brace from SB Tactical on it and call it a day.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    i filed late last week for a sbr (pcc) form 1. email came back pending. form email from someone at atf. i replied asking about pending and he looked into it and released it (over the weekend nonetheless!). mailed in fingerprint cards today!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom