• ...and so much more!
  • Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    I was in early and just got out
    I found much of the Knick Nacks I needed. Guy selling Poly80 kits was there
    South carol had the mosins just over $300 and fair priced. The capture German mausers I thought was a good C&R buy. (I already have a great shooting Russian capture). Lots of C&R rifles but as usual they want more than I think they are worth. (SCSG stuff was already the correct prices). Saw a Stevens pump 22 at a fair price but the breech face was pretty well pinged and the firing pin flattened so without a snap cap. I could not tell how much work would be needed to get it firing. AR people (precision?) was there and I got some repair parts I needed.

Don’t forget the 2nd hall, guy with paper targets was there.

No full reloading/powder vendor was there

Renewed my MSI and met ShafTed

For me , it was worth the trip

Looked at a modern rifle in 9mm but decided to hold off for now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Augie

Ultimate Member
    Sep 30, 2007
    Central MD
    I liked the show and as usual found something nice to buy, an early Remington Rand 1911A1 from South Carroll. Could have spent more money as another vendor had a very nice LC Smith 20 gauge for a fair price. Hopefully the new promoter will be able to increase the number of vendors at the shows in the future.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    Not so sure I agree that there was mostly knives ,
    Another thin gun to add was there was JAP ammo and some other milsurp more rare ammo.
    Oh, table next to SCSG had some post war Cold War era P1/p38 leather holsters for a good price. I picked one up for mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oddway Otts

Mar 17, 2008
    Harford County
    Copied from my reply to a post under "The Capital Region."

My son & I got there after lunch, early afternoon (after the Gettysburg Show). It was a bit disappointing, but there were some things to be had. We got some ammo boxes, a couple gun cases & some other knickknacks. There were some good prices on some ammo, especially buckshot, but I just didn't need any more buckshot. Likewise for some .357 ammo.

Two sellers had pretty nice looking SMSs, South Carroll and another guy, both for $425. I couldn't buy, yet.

All in all, it was better than no show. I'm gonna give them another chance, especially noting it was this promoter's first gig there and the unfortunate weekend choice (in conflict with Gettysburg, so close). Some guy was explaining that they wanted the show a week or two ago, but couldn't get the forum.

Anyway, that's my two cents.

ShafTed

Ultimate Member
    Mar 21, 2013
    Juuuuust over the line
    And of course best of luck to Appalachian with their new to them dates . The continued existence of gun shows is a good thing in itself .

But for years I've been scratching my head about back to back shows in Fred and HoCo . They're geographically close enough that they largely overlap in drawing area . It would make for stronger shows to either alternate , or stagger them farther apart .

I talked to the promoter at the Timonium show (same outfit runs all three, plus a bunch of PA shows) and he is aware of the problem but for these two those were the only dates the venue was available.

FFBWMD

Industry Partner
    Oct 3, 2011
    Woodbine MD
    We'll be at it again today! Stop by and see us, we have recently got in some real nice C&R guns. Russian 1895 Nagant revolver, Swede M96 & M38, Swiss K31, and an Argentine 1909 Mauser carbine DWM with crest. Got some good show specials too!! Show is 9AM-3PM today!!

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    I liked the show and as usual found something nice to buy, an early Remington Rand 1911A1 from South Carroll. Could have spent more money as another vendor had a very nice LC Smith 20 gauge for a fair price. Hopefully the new promoter will be able to increase the number of vendors at the shows in the future.

Nice!

You didn’t find any more first year Browning A5s for nearly free though? Huge bummer!!!

Augie

Ultimate Member
    Sep 30, 2007
    Central MD
    Nice!

You didn’t find any more first year Browning A5s for nearly free though? Huge bummer!!!

Nope, think that one was once in a lifetime type deal, I made an A5 collector in Tennessee very happy with that one. I did see several nice vintage firearms that I would have made offers on if I had the money but Brian took everything I had:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom