• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hi-Torque

Jan 16, 2013
    Finksburg
    When i purchased my first Mosin, I was ridiculed by the older guys for paying $99 retail, and 15-16 cents a round for surplus ammo. They had only paid $29 a mosin when they stocked up, and 5 cents a round for the surplus ammo. "The deal was over, they're too expensive and not worth it", was what I was told by numerous people. Well I wasn't old enough to buy a rifle when mosins were $29, so that doesn't really apply to me. I ignored the nay-saying graybeards, and i'm glad I did. %-wise, the mosins I own are the greatest appreciating rifles in my collection. By far.

Now looking back, that $99 price seems like forever ago. They've gone too high for me at their current retail since I got into them years back, but that doesn't mean they're too expensive for today's buyers. It's just less likely for today's buyers to own crates of them.

Unfortunately this meme no longer counts, but it was very true when it was created. Keep in mind the young guys in this picture are probably in their 40's now.

Attachments

• Mosin-Nagant-Arm-5-people.jpg
      Mosin-Nagant-Arm-5-people.jpg
      81.8 KB · Views: 532

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    Nearly tripling in 6 years though is nothing like tripling in 15-20 years. They made a huge jump and unless some large flood unleashes, won't happen again anytime soon. The price is currently the cheapest going decent WWII era rifle but creeping up on some others like Russian Capture K98K and Enfields Only a beat up crappy shooting Carcano is likely less than $300 right now. What I think are under valued are the scrubbed mum Arisakas. People sell these scrubbed mum all matching Arisakas less than I think they are truely worth being as close to as issued (no refurb) as one can get. People seem to feel they are inferior or not collectable because of the scrubbed mum which is not the case. but I digress.

TLL

God Bless America
    Jan 6, 2011
    Virginia
    Virginia resident here selling 91/30, m44 and m38 mosins. Lots of other c&r handguns. Can meet in Md.

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

Falkus

Dating Scarlett Johansson
    Feb 26, 2007
    Undisclosed location
    My brother loves those stuff. I was going to trade with him but too much involved on our end.

So I have put on consignment to fund for another project :)

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    Purchased a 1932 Tula from Chantilly show like 5-6 years ago? Picked the one I wanted out of the crate. Got a Bayonet, as well. Wish I got some other period things but was happy. Paid like $129, I think. Nice guys there. They were in the middle back. Beautiful shape.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Look on YT for Mosin trigger job. It can be done easily with a file or even a sanding block. And if you over do it, it is easy to get back to a starting point.

willtill

The Dude Abides
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2007
    Look on YT for Mosin trigger job. It can be done easily with a file or even a sanding block. And if you over do it, it is easy to get back to a starting point.

Another easy way to do it. Very easy to do! :cool:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom