• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Ammo John made me show him ID. He dropped it when handing it back to me. I regret picking it up.

This is why Mrs. Occam rides shotgun whenever we do an Ammo Jon pickup.

im-watching-watch-you.gif

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Necro thread, but as its been asked.

I was buying "bullets" (heads, whatever you want to call them), NOT "loaded ammunition"
    I gave valid ID TWICE. Once when ordering IN the Brick & Mortar store.
    Once more when it arrived, IN THE BRICK & MORTAR STORE, with the original receipt which stated ID had been provided. After I threw a fit when they couldn't supply & only offered a store credit on a cash purchase.
    I don't care IF they have a second out-of state bigger & better store.
    I will never shop at Hafer's Gunsmithing ever again.
    It was NOT a question of age verification either, I'm 70 & I look it.

I've bought countless amount of ammo, primers, bullets at Hafer's and have never had to supply ID.

It would also seem that per social media, you appeared to offer your ID without being asked, according to the owner of Hafers's.

KingClown

SOmething Witty
    Jul 29, 2020
    Deep Blue MD
    I've bought countless amount of ammo, primers, bullets at Hafer's and have never had to supply ID.

It would also seem that per social media, you appeared to offer your ID without being asked, according to the owner of Hafers's.

Hafers is up the street from me. They are over priced as can be on everything. Get to know Shaun at Shuppies gun shop its 15 minutes from Hafers. Once you know him you would be amazed what he keeps stashed for his regulars.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Ammo John made me show him ID. He dropped it when handing it back to me. I regret picking it up.

I thought you were going to say he bent over to pick it up and you made him regret doing so. :D

gtodave

MDS Supporter
    Aug 14, 2007
    Mt Airy

I've personally seen them ask for ID from several other people. I even asked the owner about it once. He said that has ALWAYS been their policy. He said it's so that they can track purchases so someone can't return something that wasn't purchased there, or something to that effect. But he made no bones about it: It was Hafer's policy.

Aamdskeetshooter

Ultimate Member
    Dec 19, 2013
    Moco
    I've personally seen them ask for ID from several other people. I even asked the owner about it once. He said that has ALWAYS been their policy. He said it's so that they can track purchases so someone can't return something that wasn't purchased there, or something to that effect. But he made no bones about it: It was Hafer's policy.

I’ve never heard of a place that takes returns on ammo, primers or powder. For obvious reasons. I certainly wouldn’t.

Johnny5k

Ultimate Member
    Nov 24, 2020

So IDing for ammo AND tracking your purchases? Unless this is all fabrication, I'd give this place a hard pass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom