• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    That Geissele sale was friggin' amazing. Super Duty for a bit over a grand. If I was in the market for a new AR, I would have grabbed one.

DutchV

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    Right. I wasn’t sure how the process went tho. Wasn’t sure if geissele wanted ffl license and other crap, or just for you to pay and tell them what address to send it to and it better be an ffl. Lol

Most places will want the dealer to send a copy of their FFL before they ship. It helps to be on good terms with your local guy in case something like this pops up.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    Right. I wasn’t sure how the process went tho. Wasn’t sure if geissele wanted ffl license and other crap, or just for you to pay and tell them what address to send it to and it better be an ffl. Lol

Most places will want the dealer to send a copy of their FFL before they ship. It helps to be on good terms with your local guy in case something like this pops up.

^this

rockstarr

Major Deplorable
    Feb 25, 2013
    The Bolshevik Lands

that's what I was wondering, like on a sale where you cant get to an ffl that day, how do they expect you to take advantage of said sale?

Kind of throws a wrench into the mix, especially on 1 day sales.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    that's what I was wondering, like on a sale where you cant get to an ffl that day, how do they expect you to take advantage of said sale?

Kind of throws a wrench into the mix, especially on 1 day sales.

You buy it and pay for it from your laptop in your underwear, then later the FFL and online store exchange info (license etc) usually next day. :party29: It will not ship until this happens. I have bought plenty of items Sunday night and then contacted FFL next day. Sometimes I dont even tell them, they just call me when its in, although if you have never been there I'd call and give them a heads up. Online stores dont really need the FFL info in checkout, but you can put one in and let the FFL know next day.

Any FFL will do the transfer and they all have transfer fees published.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    As DutchV said, having the relationship with an FFL is what counts here. I can go to Engage or UGS after buying something and tell them it's incoming and/or who they need to give their FFL to. They know who I am, and they know I'm not going to mess around trying to transfer in stuff I can't actually own in the state.

Also, and this is some pro-tip secret squirrel territory, you can pull any gun shop's FFL number and info right off the web from the ATF, so you can pretty much fill it all out ahead of time, and then the sender can verify using FFLeZcheck. Sending the actual certificate is an utter waste of time and unnecessary.

calicojack

American Sporting Rifle
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2018
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Or instead of spending $1250 plus fees, buy some decent AR parts and build it in a SOTAR build class. Bet you could spend $900 and get just as nice a result.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom