• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 2flhun

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2009
    Mont Co
    I work for Allied Universal in Chantilly. We are currently targeting candidates for our Emergency Response Team. The focus of the team is Active Shooter response/mitigation.

Allied has very little to do with us. We are an island unto ourselves.

It is a TS +++ position with a very high Poly. The client will provide the clearance, we are fast tracked. Fast Tracked being relative. It all depends on the candidates age, how many places they have lived, jobs they have had and what they have done (criminal, credit, illegal drug use) in the past 10 years or back to 18 years of age. If you have been through this before you know the deal.

Prior military, LE, contractor experience preferred, not required. Familiarization with HGs, SGs and M4 platforms preferred, not required.

Interview-Line Officer Training (3 weeks, 2 days Academy Style-VADCJS 01E,05E,75E AND 08E + other topics) Then The ERT Training/Academy (VADCJS 10E, 09E, Law Enforcement Responder Medical Training, CQB Package,DT package) This is another month.

Training Conducted in Chantilly, at Elite Shooting Sports, ShadowHawk and other locations.

Some of the Fine Print:
    1. Training Wage is $15.00. $33+ to start once cleared. 2.5hrs a week min OT (roll call time) The EROs average 75 to 90K working the minimum.
    2. One (1) Saturday a month Eight (8) hour training day
    3. Two (2) or more range training days a month.
    4. Clearances can take a long time. 3-18 months. Depends on the candidate.
    5. Poly's can trip up some people
    6. 18 month commitment once cleared
    7. Physical Readiness Test (PRT) for line officer, then for the ERT
    8. Work in in Chantilly or the Ft Belvoir area
    9. Taking time away from you current job may be prohibitive.
    10. If you can take the time off, you can return to them until your are cleared. You will be contacted to keep your training up. OR, we do work with Allied (parent company),to find you a placeholder position at one of their uncleared sites until you are granted a clearance.
    11. Once cleared, all training is at your full rate, usually overtime for the EROs
    12. Both sites have fixed schedules. Usually 3 12s and a 4hr day.

I started this team a decade ago, but 2 MCL surgeries, a Meniscus surgery, a Quad repair, a herniated L4 and my wife's 7 yr battle with cancer took me out ( I train the line officers now).

We have a team in place that have all of their tickets punched, have recent experience/practical application stateside and overseas and have proven Instructor/Leadershp credentials.

This was long, sorry. I just don't want to be accused of being a Snake Oil salesman.

PM me if interested, I'll get more info to you.

Last edited:

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    I suppose 73 yrs and somewhat out of warranty is a disqualifier. I hope so; commuting to Chantilly is a PITA.

2flhun

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2009
    Mont Co
    Partial update.

The Client has just bumped up the starting pay.

It is now $40.00hr for the Line officers. $83,200 base plus about $3,750 built in overtime (.25hrs a day) for roll call.

OT is available for those who like it. Double time for holidays worked or paid straight 8 to stay home and drink beer or eggnog

I should have the ERT and other pay rates on Monday or Tuesday.

MossPumper

MDS Supporter
    Apr 10, 2020
    VA (Western)
    Oh if I only wanted to deal with the bs if you have to actually kill someone to protect others.
    Why would A SRT need to have a TSC with a full Poly?

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County

Wouldn't that be a function of who/where/what is being guarded/responded-to? If you have a bad guy in a physical place that you can't enter without that clearance, waiting at the door sounds like a bad idea - and emergency or not, allowing uncleared folks to go storming in to deal with a trespasser (or worse, obviously) creates a months long tsunami of soul-destroying paperwork. I would imagine that the people tasked to that job would already need to be familiar with the facility, inside and out, in order to be effective in an emergency. No suitable clearance, no familiarity. No poly, no suitable clearance.

KevinK

Ultimate Member
    Jun 24, 2008
    Carroll County, Md
    I can't help picturing the guys in sunglasses

th

135sohc

Ultimate Member
    Oct 27, 2013
    Ultra liberal guns are satan and hitler evil type area and they have their own swat team armed like rambo.. The irony there is insulting and like already mentioned. the BS hurricane if any bullets leave the muzzle will be unreal.

2flhun

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2009
    Mont Co
    Oh if I only wanted to deal with the bs if you have to actually kill someone to protect others.

The Client sets the standards.

The Client fast tracks the clearances.

The Client just crapped a $10 hourly pay increase.

I just thought that someone on MDShooters might be interested in a job(s) where range time, instruction and ammo were free to them and they could make over 80K and in reality closer to 100K with built in overtime and overtime for training and holiday pay at double time and we have a buttload of holidays, and on top of this, have a TS and Poly that if/when they leave us, can only add value to their resume.

All inside a fenceline, where interaction with the public is limited.

It's so easy, that an 0331/52 can do it.

miles71

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jul 19, 2009
    Belcamp, Md.
    To bad I'm looking at 50 and have a full time job I need to stick with or another 5 years at least to get retirement benefits. Plus I cant really move to Va.

So I'm no help.

TD

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    The Client sets the standards.

The Client fast tracks the clearances.

The Client just crapped a $10 hourly pay increase.

I just thought that someone on MDShooters might be interested in a job(s) where range time, instruction and ammo were free to them and they could make over 80K and in reality closer to 100K with built in overtime and overtime for training and holiday pay at double time and we have a buttload of holidays, and on top of this, have a TS and Poly that if/when they leave us, can only add value to their resume.

All inside a fenceline, where interaction with the public is limited.

It's so easy, that an 0331/52 can do it.

If I wasn't so out of shape, I'd give it a whirl. It sounds like a good gig!!!

Huckleberry

No One of Consequence
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Severn & Lewes
    Ultra liberal guns are satan and hitler evil type area and they have their own swat team armed like rambo.. The irony there is insulting and like already mentioned. the BS hurricane if any bullets leave the muzzle will be unreal.

WTF are you talking about?

If you're not interested in this gracious heads up for what seems like a sweet, well paying gun gig then just STFU and move on to the next thread to foul up with your dribble.

Jeez, I thought the ban hammer weed guys like you out back in '13 & '14

135sohc

Ultimate Member
    Oct 27, 2013
    WTF are you talking about?

If you're not interested in this gracious heads up for what seems like a sweet, well paying gun gig then just STFU and move on to the next thread to foul up with your dribble.

Jeez, I thought the ban hammer weed guys like you out back in '13 & '14

What rock are you under ? Go shoot someone no matter how justified it might be and see what happens. Bonus for being in a very liberal area where you will be judged and vilified before the smoke clears. God help you if that person you put down is a darker skin tone. That is the reality here and now in 2021 and will probably be the future as long as the current party in charge keeps up with it.

I make $30+/hour now, vetted and no where near the very real potential level of BS that with one trigger pull would probably ruin the rest of you life. Does sound like a nice gig... If the current and looking more like the future climate towards police/security and rule of law was not so anti.

RegularJay

NRA & SAF Life Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 20, 2007
    Harford County
    Paging Geckowhatshisname

Honestly, sounds like a pretty sweet gig were I a qualified LEO Id be all over a chance to get away from dealing with the crap they must be facing these days.

FrankOceanXray

Ultimate Member
    Oct 29, 2008
    This seems like a good deal. Well qualified but that clearance.. that is a money maker. Hence the need for you to stay on a length of time. This really opens up new avenues.

Too early for me to pull any plugs.

This seems like a great time and thanks OP for passing it along.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom