• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    No problems with the Diebold Machine that I voted on, but I don't doubt the claims of them changing votes to D.

Stevie Boy

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    Naples, FL and Ocean Pines, MD
    I had a similar situation as the OP happen to me today. The choice in question was at the very bottom of the page and when I tried to make my selection which was second in the list of three (Dem Rep, W/I), the first choice was selected. After messing around a bit, I found that I had to press the Democrat selection again to "de-select" it then more carefully make my intended choice. I chalked it up to the angle of the screen from where I was looking and where my finger actually touched the screen. So, yes, pay attention as you vote.

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    While that is generally true, there is some expectation of privacy and confidentiality in connection with voting.

People don't vote by voice, you specifically addressed a voice recording, which is perfectly legal in a public place. Additionally I clearly indicated I video recorded my own vote. I think it goes without saying that it would be inappropriate to record someone else voting.

slybarman

low speed high drag 9-5er
    Feb 10, 2013
    People don't vote by voice, you specifically addressed a voice recording, which is perfectly legal in a public place. Additionally I clearly indicated I video recorded my own vote. I think it goes without saying that it would be inappropriate to record someone else voting.
    Doesn't matter what I think and I won't argue the point with you, but I am not 100% as sure as you that a court would not attach some expectation of privacy when it comes to being surreptitiously recorded in a polling place.

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    only issue was one. I clicked the Repub and it made an 'X' for Isiah Legett. Called someone over and got it straightened out. All was well when checking over prior to casting.

MaxVO2

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    ****I voted in MoCo today. I'm a registered Democrat (Dino, duh...) and hope my vote puts Hogan over the top! Casa di Maryland, the Teachers Union folks, and other Dem groups were outside in force handing out all kinds of helpful information to ruin Maryland even more than O'Malley and Brown have these past few years... :(

bobthefisher

Durka ninja
    Aug 18, 2010
    Definitely not where you are!
    The people that are running into f-ed up Diebold voting machines need to not only inform the voting judges, but go OUTSIDE AND PRONOUNCE\YELL THERE IS A FAULTY VOTING MACHINE!!! I guarantee it will get swapped out or at least make some noise.

I'm a software engineer by trade, and touch screens are so easy to f-up. People keep saying "review the code" on the machines or some nonsense. What you have to understand when it comes to touch screens it really is all about calibration, or more specifically pixel mapping. You could dissect those machines until you're blue in the face and find nothing. If the diagnostic calibration software that's hooked into the JTAG port, is setting the pixel mapping to be off, or down in this case down a couple hundred rows, on a set random number (relative) of test cases then the result looks random. I'm not trying to start some conspiracy theory, but if I were to rig an election and in control of diagnosing the machines, that's how I would do it.... just say'n.

slybarman

low speed high drag 9-5er
    Feb 10, 2013
    I don't believe it is just a touch screen issue. My votes were initially in the right box, but magically changed themselves after selecting a candidate in another race farther down the page.

aray

Ultimate Member
    Jun 6, 2010
    MD -> KY
    I happened to my wife - maybe. She had an R switch to a D, but in fairness she said she "might have" bumped the screen the first time with her purse. OK, got that. The burden of proof on fraud should be high so she let that one go.

But her problem was in trying to change the vote; it would not let her deselect that choice even though she tried several times, following the instructions. She said she had to back all the way out and start over again before it would let her go back in and vote the way she wanted.

I haven't voted yet. I'll do so on my way home.

moojersey

Sic Semper Tyrannis
    Sep 7, 2013
    Cecil County
    Just voted in Cecil County. Charlestown elementary school was packed. Delegate Rudolph was outside and I let him know what I thought of him. I was respectful but to the point. He thanked me and walked away lol. He wasn't there when I came out. :D

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    Doesn't matter what I think and I won't argue the point with you, but I am not 100% as sure as you that a court would not attach some expectation of privacy when it comes to being surreptitiously recorded in a polling place.

There is your keyword right there. Nothing I did was stealthy, I was blatant, and I recorded only myself voting. I didn't realize we were arguing, simply clarifying what I did and would do again. I appreciate your vote for Hogan! :thumbsup:

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    Voted about 1:45 PM today and the polling place in Westminster area was very light, able to park right up front, go in and get my card and vote immediately with no screw ups though I requested a machine that would turn my R votes D b'cuz I had the "media" ready at a moment's notice. The machine worked just like it should so I won't be on the news tonight.:D I hope it picks up later today with a good turnout.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    I happened to my wife - maybe. She had an R switch to a D, but in fairness she said she "might have" bumped the screen the first time with her purse. OK, got that. The burden of proof on fraud should be high so she let that one go.

But her problem was in trying to change the vote; it would not let her deselect that choice even though she tried several times, following the instructions. She said she had to back all the way out and start over again before it would let her go back in and vote the way she wanted.

I haven't voted yet. I'll do so on my way home.

I think any misread puts the control in an initialised state of selecting the first option. I think the lock ups may be noise from the panel giving additional misreads locking in the default choice..

I will be voting by paper due to having an absentee ballot. But would love to hear what you think based on your experience with it.

Last edited:

Point 357

Jan 20, 2014
    Lexington Park, Md
    We voted at Park Hall Elementary school ( SOMD) at around 5:45. I thought that the turnout was very heavy, Mrs. 357 said it was merely higher than usual.
    Neither had an issue with the machines. I asked a judge if there had been any instances of casting errors and his reply was one, but only because the woman had used the flat of her finger instead of the tip. OK, then.

Two votes for Hogan and Rey.

new_shooter

Ultimate Member
    Jun 26, 2010
    There's a higher number of people reporting problem here than I would have expected. Perhaps they're still using the same machines I had issues with way back when, and the screen calibrations have just gotten worse each year.

Hmm. Yep. According to this site, all of MD is using those old Diebold units, or perhaps a newer model from the same company, which I wouldn't trust further than I could kick:

https://www.verifiedvoting.org/verifier2014/#state/24

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom