• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    After picking it up and handling it at SHOT, I'm not so impressed. Trigger is pretty bad, and it's a lot lighter than a normal Glock. The conversion kits still have a purpose, IMHO.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

How does mortal man get a SHOT show pass? I've always wanted to go but don't work in the industry

Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    How does mortal man get a SHOT show pass? I've always wanted to go but don't work in the industry

They don't..its like a SEMA show. Unless you own a business or someone lists you as an employ, you don't get to attend.

sbbieshelt

Jun 26, 2009
    Simple Pleasures Farm
    I have a conversion kit that I enjoy shooting, I admit I shoot it more than my ruger 22/45. It carries great in all my holsters and is fun. I think I would pick up one of these also. Seems like a easy to shoot fun gun to have in the safe.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    You run your own HIT BLOG[1] and then get a media pass:
    http://hebrewhammerblog.com

Gonna be honest, it kind of sucked as a vacation. 2-3 hours on the floor, back to the media room to blog, repeat ad nauseum or until your back/legs give out. I was way too trashed between exhaustion and jet lag to do any partying at night. On the plus side, you get a crazy crash course in how the industry really works, you see cool stuff, and there's a lot of great networking that goes on. I don't regret going, but I'm not sure I'd want to do it year after year.

[1] For small values of "HIT".

Mike OTDP

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    Gonna be honest, it kind of sucked as a vacation. 2-3 hours on the floor, back to the media room to blog, repeat ad nauseum or until your back/legs give out. I was way too trashed between exhaustion and jet lag to do any partying at night. On the plus side, you get a crazy crash course in how the industry really works, you see cool stuff, and there's a lot of great networking that goes on. I don't regret going, but I'm not sure I'd want to do it year after year.

I can believe it. Although I'd dearly love to go to IWA Nuremburg one day.

DutchV

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    There's reports of a few of these coming apart with very few rounds through them. It'll be a couple months before it hits the MD roster anyway. Let'em sort it out first.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    would be in for one with a threaded barrel, but $500ish for that combo is kinda salty for what it is, especially compared to all the M&P 22s, SR22s, FSR-22s, PPQ-22s that are hundreds less, or the new crop of SMG-ish braced 22 "pistols" or "target" 22s like the MK IV, Buckmark or Victory. If they put out an option with factory threaded barrel, or at least it proves to be the best "22 version" of a defensive pistol, then maybe.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    .22 plinkster has a great review of it on YouTube.
    That was informative. Light primer strikes. Potential problems with 36 gr ammo (although I wasn't convinced of this relationship given he didn't try another 36 gr ammo brand). And unable to hit point of aim with his gun even though he's otherwise a Glock guy and fine with his other Glock guns. He's usually not one to really go negative in a review. I guess this gun is coming off my list until there are consistent positive reports.

sig guy

Feb 4, 2013
    Edgemere MD
    That was informative. Light primer strikes. Potential problems with 36 gr ammo (although I wasn't convinced of this relationship given he didn't try another 36 gr ammo brand). And unable to hit point of aim with his gun even though he's otherwise a Glock guy and fine with his other Glock guns. He's usually not one to really go negative in a review. I guess this gun is coming off my list until there are consistent positive reports.

I am by no means a glock guy but thought this was gonna be a really cool pistol until i watched that video,I'll wait until they come out with a gen II.

Atlantic Firearms.com

Industry Partner
    Jul 31, 2011
    We were able to check the pistol out at the Shot Show and it was cool but will probably wait on picking this Glock Pistol up until we see some other real world shooter feedback .

ziptiespec

I'm not a Glock fan, I don't own a single Glock (although I do have some P80s). I can see how the G44 would be a good trainer for someone married to the G19 platform. For anyone else, I don't think the G44 makes much sense. I would recommend anyone else look into the Taurus TX22. It's on the MD roster, can be found for just over $200, has a threaded barrel (adapter) included, and is available with 10 and 16 round magazines. Additionally, the video reviews of the TX22 have been overwhelmingly positive.

HokieKev

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2013
    Reviving this old thread. Can anything really beat the reliability of the Ruger Mark IV?

Did people’s opinion of the glock improve after it had been out for awhile?

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    I can't attest to any G44 improvements. but I can tell you the Ruger Mk 4 is a Awesome pistol !! I have 4 of them and only had 1 minor issue with 1 that the takedown retaining pin would back out while being shot ( itnever effected the functionof the gun !). the other 3 I have several thousand rds through with no issues!

BossmanPJ

Ultimate Member
    Feb 22, 2013
    Cecil County
    I ended up with the Taurus TX-22. It is an amazing pistol compared to the G44. I have thousands of rounds through mine suppressed and unsuppressed and it has been completely flawless. I have a friend with a G44, his pistol not so much. Hates cheap ammo. Anyone looking to grab a 22 pistol that is reliable, factory threaded, and has 16 round magazines available should strongly consider the TX-22. Check the review videos from Military Arms Channel, 22 Plinkster, and others. You will find nothing but good reviews.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    Reviving this old thread. Can anything really beat the reliability of the Ruger Mark IV?

Did people’s opinion of the glock improve after it had been out for awhile?

Probably not, I suppress my 22/45, just lube with a couple drops of oil from time to time, take 2 minutes(thanks to the easy field strip) to brush fouling out of the action every brick or few, keeps punching bullseyes like a champ.

Shot a G44, it was meh, about what you would expect, reliable for a couple mags, mediocre combat trigger, light weight, "combat accurate", and still expensive to buy a separate threaded barrel that should be standard, or at least an alternate model# not as an expensive "accessory".

Slackdaddy

My pronouns: Iva/Bigun
    Jan 1, 2019
    I am married to the S&W M&P platform and just picked up a M&P 22C threaded for $300
    I have been wondering why the Glock 22 threaded is so much, and what the advantage is??

Probably not, I suppress my 22/45, just lube with a couple drops of oil from time to time, take 2 minutes(thanks to the easy field strip) to brush fouling out of the action every brick or few, keeps punching bullseyes like a champ.

Shot a G44, it was meh, about what you would expect, reliable for a couple mags, mediocre combat trigger, light weight, "combat accurate", and still expensive to buy a separate threaded barrel that should be standard, or at least an alternate model# not as an expensive "accessory".

Mondial

Colt .45
    Nov 29, 2018
    Columbia
    Going to SHOT is a trip to see all the new toys! It does take some connection to the industry to obtain a pass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom