• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Johnny5k

Ultimate Member
    Nov 24, 2020
    Well, I bought my first pistol. It is a 509 Compact Tactical in FDE. Anyone else have one? Curious what your thoughts are. Personally, I love it. I have put a tlr8a on the rail, and a vortex venom up top. Oh, and I did most of the apex upgrades as well.

I have one of those Mantis training devices and I use it almost every day. So when I changed the trigger I actually had some empirical evidence on whether or not it affected my shooting. It did. It showed on the Mantis, and at the range.

Anyone know where you can score some mags for these things?? I have contemplated buying a second one, in part, just to have more mags, but i haven't seen one for less than 200 more than I paid for my first, and haven't been able to pay that premium.

Cal68

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 4, 2014
    Montgomery County
    Well, I bought my first pistol. It is a 509 Compact Tactical in FDE. Anyone else have one? Curious what your thoughts are. Personally, I love it. I have put a tlr8a on the rail, and a vortex venom up top. Oh, and I did most of the apex upgrades as well.

I have one of those Mantis training devices and I use it almost every day. So when I changed the trigger I actually had some empirical evidence on whether or not it affected my shooting. It did. It showed on the Mantis, and at the range.

Anyone know where you can score some mags for these things?? I have contemplated buying a second one, in part, just to have more mags, but i haven't seen one for less than 200 more than I paid for my first, and haven't been able to pay that premium.

Congratulations and enjoy your new purchase. It is on my wish list and I'll probably get one once the prices get back to close to normal. I am glad to hear that you are enjoying it.

Regarding magazines, AmmoJon recommends GunMagWarehouse dot com and they seem to have a good selection. But they take about 7-10 days to ship and order out. YMMV.

Cal68

MDElite

Industry Partner
    Mar 16, 2011
    We have 4 different 509 for sale at the shop. In case anyone else is looking.

Shameless plug. Thanks

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

Cal68

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 4, 2014
    Montgomery County
    What? No pics? (Dan...we do not need to see the chaps in action or doc in chaps...)

Hi Dan

You have got my attention! Can you please let us know which models you have and the prices? Pictures would be excellent! Who knows, you may see me again at your shop this weekend!

Thanks.

Penn

SkiPatrolDude

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 24, 2017
    Timonium-Lutherville
    The FN 509 is an excellent pistol. I don't think it gets the attention it deserves. Congrats on your purchase - enjoy it in good health.

Magazines might be difficult to find, though. Most gun shops only stock a handful of common mags - glock, beretta, ruger, etc.

tourrider

Grumpy
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 9, 2009
    Corry, PA
    Nice. This is my next purchase. Just waiting for my guy to get one in.

I guess the T means you got the tactical version so you can mount your silencer on it :)

MDElite

Industry Partner
    Mar 16, 2011
    What? No pics? (Dan...we do not need to see the chaps in action or doc in chaps...)
    Hi Dan

You have got my attention! Can you please let us know which models you have and the prices? Pictures would be excellent! Who knows, you may see me again at your shop this weekend!

Thanks.

Penn
    Pics, models, and prices tomorrow. I know we have 2 Tactical models in fde. One is the C. Also two models without threaded barrels in fde and black.

razorV23

TK421
    Dec 18, 2008
    Annapolis
    Pics, models, and prices tomorrow. I know we have 2 Tactical models in fde. One is the C. Also two models without threaded barrels in fde and black.

Happen to have any FNX9? I’m looking for a second to keep the same mags rather than going to a 509T.

Cal68

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 4, 2014
    Montgomery County

Great, thanks Dan. I'm looking forward to seeing some pictures today!

Penn

MDElite

Industry Partner
    Mar 16, 2011
    Sorry for the delay. A bit busy today. Here are a couple pictures. The Tactical versions with 3 mags and threaded barrel are $1049 . The other two are $799. All are priced at MSRP.
    abe327d1da98073676198c0b3f0f54b5.jpg
    8eb9c48a00e0298dfd64a9c6f92518fd.jpg

Cal68

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 4, 2014
    Montgomery County
    Thanks for the pictures Dan. Do the tactical versions also come with the Modular Optics System that allow the installation of selected red dot sights?

Penn

MDElite

Industry Partner
    Mar 16, 2011
    Thanks for the pictures Dan. Do the tactical versions also come with the Modular Optics System that allow the installation of selected red dot sights?

Penn
    Yes they do

proto05

Dec 23, 2016
    Balto county
    To the op: This will also be my first handgun (picking it up in 7 days) and I forgot to ask the seller if it has an internal lock? Or do I have to buy a lock from the store prior to leaving?

Johnny5k

Ultimate Member
    Nov 24, 2020
    To the op: This will also be my first handgun (picking it up in 7 days) and I forgot to ask the seller if it has an internal lock? Or do I have to buy a lock from the store prior to leaving?

No internal lock. I have been told, the lock is not actually required, only that one has to be available and/or offered for sale. The store I had mine transferred to, required me to buy one though.

Depending where you are, you can borrow mine to pickup, or there is a thread on here somewhere for the borrowing of locks for the purpose.

You won't be disappointed. It is a great pistol. Very fun to shoot. I put a vortex venom on it, and a TLR8a.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rifleman

Latest threads

Top Bottom