• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Feb 28, 2013
    The lid has absolutely come down on the MDS FB page.

We are being throttled like crazy. Our stats have absolutely dropped like a rock in the last two weeks and virtually no like or share activity no matter what is posted.

Clearly on the radar screen of the Zuck-oids now.
    Youre surprised?

Dave M

Jan 27, 2013
    Pa.
    Wife's on FB. I don't give a dam. I will never have a FB page. Might join Parler though.

TexasBob

Another day in Paradise
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 25, 2012
    Space Coast
    The wife does FB due to her old friends and family, my son be block a few time for Pro Right comments and negative lib comment, I refuse to deal with those A$$holes who allow left wing spill but block free speech supporting 2A or Pro Trump as hatefully.

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    The MDS Facebook page is clearly on the radar of the algorithm police at FB.

We are totally being throttled in our ability to connect with people who interact with the page. Numbers have dropped off by more than 60% in terms of page interactions.

We wear it as a badge of honor to be seen as such a threat, but it's just a matter of time before they purge us.

Private platforms like here are going to see a resurgence (not that we've ever really had a problem) in membership and interactions because the big media companies are treating us as hostiles and either shadow banning or outright banning.

ThePhantomPatriot

Politically Incorrect
    The MDS Facebook page is clearly on the radar of the algorithm police at FB.

We are totally being throttled in our ability to connect with people who interact with the page. Numbers have dropped off by more than 60% in terms of page interactions.

We wear it as a badge of honor to be seen as such a threat, but it's just a matter of time before they purge us.

Private platforms like here are going to see a resurgence (not that we've ever really had a problem) in membership and interactions because the big media companies are treating us as hostiles and either shadow banning or outright banning.

I agree with you and pushing people back to a dedicated private platform isn't a bad thing IMO. If you want a social media account to direct folks here I suggest making a Parler account, it's like twitter with no censorship, a great tool for promoting and organizing events since you can use hashtags and there are a lot of conservatives and libertarians on there. MEWE is like FB with no censorship, but not many people are on it.

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    I agree with you and pushing people back to a dedicated private platform isn't a bad thing IMO. If you want a social media account to direct folks here I suggest making a Parler account, it's like twitter with no censorship, a great tool for promoting and organizing events since you can use hashtags and there are a lot of conservatives and libertarians on there. MEWE is like FB with no censorship, but not many people are on it.

The only real purpose in our having the FB page in the first place was to try to connect with people who weren't already here, or who needed to be guided to a better understanding of the 2A.

It's clear that we have been a little too successful given that we are clearly on the radar now as been undesirable.

Parler will allow us to connect with those that already agree with us, which might be OK, but the only reason we ever suffered with a FB page was the ability to connect externally.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom