• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jan 21, 2021
    Had a question about installing a pro mag stock on a Mini 14. I got to the last step and realized the model I have has fixed sights and I can’t fit the rail over it. I want to cut the “ears” flush. Anybody ever done this? Bad idea?

Attachments

• F1DF91D8-BB8D-403E-9DB4-AA09E10FE418.jpg
      F1DF91D8-BB8D-403E-9DB4-AA09E10FE418.jpg
      95 KB · Views: 237

Trepang

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2015
    Southern Illinois
    Had a question about installing a pro mag stock on a Mini 14. I got to the last step and realized the model I have has fixed sights and I can’t fit the rail over it. I want to cut the “ears” flush. Anybody ever done this? Bad idea?

I don't have an answer to your question but if you are getting rid of the wood stock, I would be interested in it. Not a fan of the black plastic one on mine.

-Z/28-

I wanna go fast
    Dec 6, 2011
    Harford Co
    I wouldn't modify the gun for that. It'll be permanent and hurt the value of the gun. Find a different rail or a different stock.

And to address some of the other comments, for the record, I find factory wood to be the best on a Mini. The pistol grip stocks are heavier and clunky feeling.

willtill

The Dude Abides
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2007
    Once you start accessorizing a basic, hardy rifle to the point of making it fragile, it ceases to be a basic, hardy rifle.

Leave those ears alone.

Raiderjack23

MDS Supporter
    Jul 10, 2020
    Carroll County
    The pistol grip stocks are heavier and clunky feeling.

If this is the ProMag Archangel Sparta stock . . . I took it off after about a month for the above reason. I certainly would not mutilate the gun. If you are going to cut anything - cut the rail that came with the stock as that can be replaced. I got a spare if you should ever need one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom