• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Racer Doug14

Thread killer
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Feb 22, 2013
    Millers Maryland
    My brother is in VA. He ordered a can on 10/3/20 though Silencer Shop. Stamp ck cashed 11/3. FFL called to let him know they got his stamp 3/24/21.

I ordered mine 10/7/20, ck cashed 11/17/20. Hopefully I'll be soon.

Update, 4/21/21
    According to Jen at ATF/NFA. My form 4 has a 7mon wait. But, many are getting approved from the as time period.

Got the call for stamp approved 5/4/2021

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    The ATF is really pissing me off now. Twice now a 5320.20 has been disapproved for a PoA for a NFA item into MD. Same reason for both denials. It isn't on the MD handgun roster. This Item is just a stripped receiver, not a full rifle. Any advice from the brain trust on this?

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    Anyone know if form 4s from December are coming back yet? I'm itching to get my hands on my hybrid, and am about to go back down the rabbit hole for a salvo K

a couple from the first week in December posted on Reddit, but most are still November or random dates past 200 days

BigCountry14

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 17, 2013
    I just got the call on my form 4 can from July.

Purchased July 28, 2020
    Cashed August 28, 2020
    Picking up May 6, 2021

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    I'm waiting on a stamp from the end of October. There is some hope here.

Ditto. I might call NFA branch next week.

But I might have another stamp in flight shortly. Finished up my taxes and getting a big refund this year (sold my rental house and it was just about profit neutral factoring in improvements and depreciation, but had a huge write-off from a renter who didn’t pay several months rent and then ghosted).

So looking at ordering a 45 cal can also. Thinking a Rugged Obsidian. Looks like it ticks all my boxes. Time to start another 6-12 months wait when my last one hasn’t even finished yet!

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV

But I might have another stamp in flight shortly. Finished up my taxes and getting a big refund this year (sold my rental house and it was just about profit neutral factoring in improvements and depreciation, but had a huge write-off from a renter who didn’t pay several months rent and then ghosted).

So looking at ordering a 45 cal can also. Thinking a Rugged Obsidian. Looks like it ticks all my boxes. Time to start another 6-12 months wait when my last one hasn’t even finished yet!
    Get the SilencerCo Osprey 45. You'll thank me when you realize you don't have to get suppressor height sights for everything.

Cal68

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 4, 2014
    Montgomery County
    Get the SilencerCo Osprey 45. You'll thank me when you realize you don't have to get suppressor height sights for everything.

The SilencerCo Osprey 45 is awesome. I've had one for a while and it is a delight to shoot with. It is just a bit long so I'm waiting for the NFA to approve the paperwork for my Osprey 9. Just coming up on 6 months now.

Cal68

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015

Too late. Pulled the trigger on the obsidian 45.

Plus SS doesn’t have the Osprey stock (not that I had looked at it). Back order only. So +however many weeks or months till they had more.

I’ll need to swap some sights for the obsidian, probably. But my G34 already has suppressor height sights and can always swap the ones on my G21 and 17. Really I got the can as much for lever gun shooting as anything. And there is be using a RD or scope (once I finally track down a stinking Marlin and Henry 357 X/dark). Big perk for the fact it’ll work on a 450 bushmaster or 45/70 that is at least 16”.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    Too late. Pulled the trigger on the obsidian 45.

Plus SS doesn’t have it in stock. Back order only. So +however many weeks or months till they had more.

I’ll need to swap some sights for the obsidian, probably. But my G34 already has suppressor height sights and can always swap the ones on my G21 and 17. Really I got the can as much for lever gun shooting as anything. And there is be using a RD or scope (once I finally track down a stinking Marlin and Henry 357 X/dark)
    Yea.... I picked up 2x Resonator R2 cans that were listed as OOS online by calling in and getting a backorder. 16 days later I got the email from Docusign for those 2 cans.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015

Ugh. Still pending. 11/17 was the cashed date...

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Cool your jets. Mine was cashed on 10/26 and nothing yet.

No offense, but I don't mind if I jump ahead of your approval :D

I just want my can!

I thought maybe tossing another can in to NFA jail would make waiting for the one that is already in there easier.

Nope.

I wonder if a 3rd can sitting and waiting will make it any easier.

There is one way to find out...(and end my marriage :sad20:, so I think I'll just be cool waiting on the two I am waiting on).

IX-3

Aug 21, 2018
    Eastern Shore, MD
    Today is a good day. I just got a text from my dealer saying I could pick up my Sandman-S. I'll be picking it up Thursday.

This was on a Trust through Silencer Shop. Hopefully, everyone else that submitted around the time I did get theirs soon.

Purchased: 10/26/20
    Paperwork Signed: 10/27/20
    Form 3 Submitted: 10/28/20
    Form 3 Approved: 10/29/20
    Shipped To Dealer: 10/30/20
    Arrived To Dealer: 11/04/20
    Form 4 Signed: 11/04/20
    Form 4 Submitted: 11/06/20
    Check Cashed: 11/24/20
    Form 4 Approved: ?
    Tax Stamp Arrived At Dealer: 5/11/21
    Picked Up: 5/13/21

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Today is a good day. I just got a text from my dealer saying I could pick up my Sandman-S. I'll be picking it up Thursday.

This was on a Trust through Silencer Shop. Hopefully, everyone else that submitted around the time I did get theirs soon.

Purchased: 10/26/20
    Paperwork Signed: 10/27/20
    Form 3 Submitted: 10/28/20
    Form 3 Approved: 10/29/20
    Shipped To Dealer: 10/30/20
    Arrived To Dealer: 11/04/20
    Form 4 Signed: 11/04/20
    Form 4 Submitted: 11/06/20
    Check Cashed: 11/24/20
    Form 4 Approved: ?
    Tax Stamp Arrived At Dealer: 5/11/21
    Picked Up: 5/13/21

Grr, argh!

Same route I went, but cashed a week after me and nada for me!

Oh well. Not sure there is actually an entirely logical order to when they process tax stamp paperwork. But with one a little before and one a little after, maybe that means mine will clear ATF in the next few days or a couple of weeks.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    No offense, but I don't mind if I jump ahead of your approval :D

For that, may you get a delay on all your NFA submissions, so it adds 4-6 months of waiting. :D

I have 4x in process right now from 10/2020. All submitted on the same day and all 4x cashed on the same day.

At least I get to have conjugal visits with them while they are in NFA jail. Unlike many people....

viiper

Re-Member
    Dec 3, 2008
    Carroll County
    For the heck of it I called today for a few in process, more just curious to see what it was like. The lady was polite, and said its currently about 7 months.
    Form 4 via SS, Check Cashed 1/13/2021, Pending 1/14/2021
    Form 4 via SS, Check Cashed 1/29/2021, Pending 2/21/2021

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    For that, may you get a delay on all your NFA submissions, so it adds 4-6 months of waiting. :D

I have 4x in process right now from 10/2020. All submitted on the same day and all 4x cashed on the same day.

At least I get to have conjugal visits with them while they are in NFA jail. Unlike many people....

I don’t even get to play around with the can a little. Especially not “just the tip”. Let alone a full conjugal visit.

Le sigh. I just have to remind myself it is better than hookers and drugs. It’s better than hookers and drugs (for my marriage and long term health. Maybe not much better for my wallet)

Mondial

Colt .45
    Nov 29, 2018
    Columbia
    Wait time stats

Purchased through Silencer Shop One Shot Trust 9/30/20
    Check Cashed 10/30/20
    Approved 4/15/21
    Call from Gun shop 5/8/21 (1/2 hour before 4PM close!! and I am 35 min away:-( )
    Picked up 5/11/21 :party29:
    Headed to the range to try some different 9mm ammo weights this weekend:)

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    I don’t even get to play around with the can a little. Especially not “just the tip”. Let alone a full conjugal visit.

Le sigh. I just have to remind myself it is better than hookers and drugs. It’s better than hookers and drugs (for my marriage and long term health. Maybe not much better for my wallet)
    Oh I get to play with all 4 if I want. I just walk in during business hours and say hi, can I have a conjugal visit with my cans. My FFL hands me the cans and we walk out the door into the yard on the side of his shop and go to town with them. When I'm done with play time I take them back in and my FFL laughs at me and asks if I'm sure I don't want to have more time with them. Then he puts them away till the next time I drop in.

I love my FFL. He is the man. He managed to get sequential serials for the 2x of 1 can and the 2x of the other can.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom