• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    JMoon: Don't ever buy ANYTHING you don't need. It leads to unhappiness.

If you are up on current events and feel you don't need an HBAR, go in peace, brother.

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    I think that it's everyone's civic duty as an American to own at least one AR style rifle.
    If you don't get one, the terrorists have won.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    thanks now I will have "no one needs 10 bullets" repeating in my head all day long :lol2: I need to be Baptised hitting the range:outta her

That single line will be keeping him out of the running for 2016.

He should know that a lot of Democrats own guns and hunt.

Besides that, look what screaming did for Howard Dean.

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    Diogenes the Cynic famously abandoned all possessions he did not need, until he was left with only a wooden cup. Seeing a child drinking from his hands, Diogenes then threw away the cup.

Fox123

Ultimate Member
    May 21, 2012
    Rosedale, MD
    You don't need to eat that tasty steak and lobster either...

Single cell protien with synthetic aminos vitamins and minerals....

Feb 28, 2013
    Dag gum , I was ready to give benefit of the doubt to the OP as to a legit inquiry. Until post #12.

Yep. That smells to me like the inner libtard came out.

I think that it's everyone's civic duty as an American to own at least one AR style rifle.
    If you don't get one, the terrorists have won.

By 1776 just about every man that could shoot had a musket in his house, and it later turned out to be a damn good thing.

In the here and now, I say everyone needs at least one AR.

armed ferret

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 23, 2008
    McDoogal's
    Phew. I'm ahead of the curve. Still at least 6 (probably more I haven't counted lately) pre-10/1 lowers to build on, plus the two post 10/1 lowers waiting for me in iowa....

Oldcarjunkie

R.I.P
    Jan 8, 2009
    A.A county
    OP, i think you should buy one, If for nothing else to have just in case SHTF. Which the way this country is going , shouldn't be too long from now.

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    And by the way, how likely do you really think it is that there will be a situation in which you need to protect yourself with more firepower than 25 rounds of .22 in one magazine? I didn't realize that robbers and home invaders were wearing military grade body armor! thanks for the update! And for that matter, how often are you going to kill a man at 300 yards??

Only a fool would depend on a .22LR rifle for self defense if other options with much better stopping power are easily attainable for that person. Which would you prefer if lawless mayhem such as a murderous riot came calling near your home?

I wasn't questioning your RIGHT to own an AR. DID I EVER SAY THAT??? All I asked is, "I mean, how likely is it that there will ever be a situation where I would need that sort of rifle?". The situation I am talking about is where we are fighting a war on American soil.

Your phrasing and argument come across as loopy. The AR-15 is a modular, small-caliber sporting rifle. The most popular rifle in the United States. Probably the most modular rifle in the world, with incredible aftermarket support. By simply swapping an upper and/or calibers, the rifle easily transitions between multiple roles, be it home defense, hunting, plinking, and/or various forms of competition shooting. Modularity is the key, since the platform is friendly enough for the owner to adapt the rifle on his/her own, instead of professional gunsmith services being a hard requirement. A collapsible buttstock takes it a step further by making the rifle easily adaptable for people of all ages and sizes.

Magnumite

Ultimate Member
    Dec 17, 2007
    Harford County, Maryland
    JMoon, I understood your question. It is a passionate subject as you can tell.

Pertaining to your question on the AR. Not for everyone, correct. I didn't see a personal need for one for years. Those who think I was a fool for that don't know jack about me. Then I got one and seldom shot it. I didn't care much for the pistol grip for quite sometime. It is a different feel, kinda like it isn't right. But I am beginning to be quite fond of the black rifle, it grows on you. The pistol grip starts to make sense (though not on a shotgun for me). Material support for it abounds. I'm not into the quad rails and all that - I like a basic rifle. Those that are, that's cool, I can glean from their experience to help what best would support my needs. In time I'll get one. But I will say this - my experience has been given conscientious building of the rifle and good ammo (not necessarily match or premium loads) it is probably one of the most inherently accurate rifles out there. I suggested this to one of the most informed members on this board and he agreed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom