• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • deMontjoie

Ultimate Member
    Oct 25, 2010
    Hollywood, MD
    Our next class is 29 & 30 August and still has openings.

Course price is kept low at $125, in view of recent events that show how badly this type of training is needed in our society.

Prerequisite is successful completion of NRA Basic Pistol or NRA First-Steps Handgun class.

Instructor-team includes 25+ year Police Officer, 20+ year Senior NCO with Naval Special Warfare experience, FFL Licensee & stocking dealer, Competitive Pistol Shooter (IDPA & USPSA), two attorneys with wide range of experience, and others experienced

Attachments

• Slide1.jpg
      Slide1.jpg
      128.2 KB · Views: 216
    Oct 21, 2008
    St Mary's
    I'm afraid the NRA is pretty locked into having attended an NRA Basic Pistol course.
    With that, we're offering a MD HQL course at Sanners on 7 and 8 Aug that would satisfy the NRA requirement for the PPITH class. If you're interested the class can be found on the NRA course site as a first steps course in Lexington Park. It's pretty inexpensive and painless.

deMontjoie

Ultimate Member
    Oct 25, 2010
    Hollywood, MD
    Still have a few slots remaining

We still have a few spots remaining in this PPITH class.

Please PM to either StreetGang or myself if you have any questions, or post them in this thread.

Point 357

Jan 20, 2014
    Lexington Park, Md
    I'm afraid the NRA is pretty locked into having attended an NRA Basic Pistol course.
    With that, we're offering a MD HQL course at Sanners on 7 and 8 Aug that would satisfy the NRA requirement for the PPITH class. If you're interested the class can be found on the NRA course site as a first steps course in Lexington Park. It's pretty inexpensive and painless.

Thanks. I have registered (but haven't recieved confirmation) for the HQL course even though I already have it. My main objective is to receive the PPITH course. I really want this training.

deMontjoie

Ultimate Member
    Oct 25, 2010
    Hollywood, MD
    Thanks. I have registered (but haven't recieved confirmation) for the HQL course even though I already have it. My main objective is to receive the PPITH course. I really want this training.

PM me with your real name and I'll confirm your registration.

Also, you are clear to sign-up for the PPITH class NOW based upon your using this Basic Pistol course to meet the NRA's prerequisites.

Tomcat

Formerly Known As HITWTOM
    May 7, 2012
    St.Mary's County

Your house, your rules, but from the NRA Training website
    Prospective participants can demonstrate that they have the requisite knowledge, skills, and attitudes by producing an NRA Basic Pistol Course Certificate, NRA FIRST Steps Course Certificate, NRA pistol competitive shooting qualification card, military DD 214 with pistol qualification, or passing the Pre-Course Assessment

deMontjoie

Ultimate Member
    Oct 25, 2010
    Hollywood, MD
    If you did open to DD-214 with pistol qualification (Pistol Marksmanship Ribbon listed on DD-214) I would consider as well....

Sorry for any confusion. Let me try to clarify.

For this class, we will accept the following as acceptable prerequisites for PPITH:

-NRA Basic Pistol Course Certificate,
    -NRA FIRST Steps Course Certificate,
    -NRA pistol competitive shooting qualification card,
    -Military DD 214 with pistol qualification*

Notes: 1. For this class, we regret that we will not offer the option of "passing the Pre-Course Assessment, given at the sole discretion and authority of the Chief Instructor". That is due to time constraints, sorry. We hope to offer this option at future classes.
    2. The Maryland Handgun Qualification License (HQL) is NOT required for participation. Nor does it by itself necessarily meet the prerequisite requirements.

*I believe that this is the source of the confusion. We have had folks with DD214s that do not explicitly show Pistol Qual and those are unfortunately insufficient.:sad20:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom