• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    I went today. From 11 to 1. Before I left a larger group came in and sat to my left, it looked like they brought a couple first timers Along. they began to film one of the new shooters, that's where the " head honcho" range master comes in and yells "put that shit away, put that shit away!". Really!? I can understand rules, your range your rules, but to yell and curse, uncalled for. Pos

They have a decently sized sign saying no cameras allowed, right when you sign in.

I was told I couldn't take a pic of my own weapons on the bench. That's fine and not an issue. A buddy of mine was bitched at by the fat guy with the gray mustache and told to delete all the pics on his phone while he watched, otherwise my buddy would have his phone confiscated.

While I understand "Their range, their rules.", they take some things way too far. The rules are usually enforced without any kind of equality and often there are rules that are made up on the spot for a specific person.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    Weird, I've taken pics there more than once, in view of RSOs, but never been bothered. Usually of just my gear and/or targets after pulling them. Maybe it's the videotaping and inadvertently filming others who may not want to be filmed, or maybe there were too many folks at the line creating an unsafe situation.

You nailed it. The other part is people taking pics and getting the SN of the gun. If they post the pic, then the SN is out there for the world to see and track down the owner.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    We should make shirts that say mdshooters and have our handle and image lol. Id have my cat's pic lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Uh... No...

We recently had a GB for shirts. I have a few with the shield logo on the back. I also have a velcro patch for my plate carrier, a limited edition Zippo, some challenge coins, a few flags, and some pint glasses. All of those items with the MDS shield.

Keep your eyes peeled in the Depot for the GB's.

mike20855

Mar 3, 2015
    Uh... No...

We recently had a GB for shirts. I have a few with the shield logo on the back. I also have a velcro patch for my plate carrier, a limited edition Zippo, some challenge coins, a few flags, and some pint glasses. All of those items with the MDS shield.

Newb question: gb? Depot?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Uh... No...

I'm smelling karma goodies.:yummy:

Just kiddin.:D

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    I'm smelling karma goodies.:yummy:

Just kiddin.:D

grumpy-cat-no-2.jpg

:lol:

TTMD

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2012
    They have a decently sized sign saying no cameras allowed, right when you sign in.

My first trip to Cresap a few years ago, their website specifically said that pictures WERE allowed. So during one of the target change breaks I pulled out my phone to take a few pictures, and was promptly yelled at. When I said that the website specifically said they were allowed, the RSO said "Well the website is wrong, now delete that picture and don't let me see that thing again."

Can't say the way they treated me, or were treating other people who weren't doing anything creating an unsafe situation, made me want to become a member, or even recommend anyone ever go there. Hopefully the new indoor ranges opening up will provide reasonably enjoyable experiences for people not belonging to a local club with a range, and especially new shooters. In my experience, and what you read from most other people posting about them, Cresap & their RSO's haven't done a single thing to encourage new shooters. If they can't improve their customer relations skills so that they're not scaring new shooters away while also keeping them safe, I think that place being shut down would be for the best.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    My first trip to Cresap a few years ago, their website specifically said that pictures WERE allowed. So during one of the target change breaks I pulled out my phone to take a few pictures, and was promptly yelled at. When I said that the website specifically said they were allowed, the RSO said "Well the website is wrong, now delete that picture and don't let me see that thing again."

Can't say the way they treated me, or were treating other people who weren't doing anything creating an unsafe situation, made me want to become a member, or even recommend anyone ever go there. Hopefully the new indoor ranges opening up will provide reasonably enjoyable experiences for people not belonging to a local club with a range, and especially new shooters. In my experience, and what you read from most other people posting about them, Cresap & their RSO's haven't done a single thing to encourage new shooters. If they can't improve their customer relations skills so that they're not scaring new shooters away while also keeping them safe, I think that place being shut down would be for the best.

The problem with Cresap is that they know they are the only game in town for FredCo residents that are not members of a private club. They get away with it, because they know that people won't drive all the way up to Hap Baker if Cresap is closer. Personally I think the Cresap club should do some serious house cleaning on the RSO's. Some of the RSO's at Cresap are chill and laid back, while the others run around and scream at you for every infraction of a bunch of rules that aren't posted. On top of that, if you want to become a member at the club, a current member has to vouch for you. How does that happen? You have to spend a bunch of time at Cresap on public days, in the hopes that an RSO woudl sponsor you for membership.

While I understand that their goal is safety, their CS is severely lacking. It has continued to slide downhill for the past few years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom