• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • steves1911

Ultimate Member
    Dec 2, 2011
    On a hill in Wv
    Currently building myself a rifle and about the only brass I can find for my chosen caliber is between these two. Is one better than the other? Price is identical just wondering if one is softer than the other.

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    I can't speak for the Nosler brass but awhile back I had some Hornady factory ammo that didn't have a flash hole in the case. I contacted customer service and was told that they outsource some of their brass manufacturing and really had no control over the QC aspect of the brass. Their CS was good about it and did "comp" me with new stuff
    I'm sure any manufacturer can have QC issues at times, it's the customer service that makes the deal for me.

BigRick

Hooligan #15
    Aug 7, 2012
    Southern Maryland
    I'm not going to lie. I've never had an issue with hornady brass. I don't load past published max loads either. I've heard about people having issue's with hornady in 6.5 creedmoor and 338 lapua. My creedmoor brass only has a few reloads on it and no issues as for 338 lapua I went out and bought lapua brass for that. If price is the same and you would like to see for yourself buy a box of both and let us know what happens.

Seabee

Old Timer
    Oct 9, 2011
    Left marylandistan to NC
    I've used Nosler for my 280 AI with no issues. I believe Nosler brass is made by Lapua and is top quality as the price suggests.
    Used Hornady for my 338 RCM and the necks were .017 thick which caused a tight fit in the RCBS seating die and collapsed the shoulder. RCBS polished out the neck area of another die for me but by then I had already turned the necks down .002 and cured the issue. I'll have the modified die if I ever buy more of their brass. Hornady has yet to get back to me on this.

Ken

dist1646

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2012
    Eldersburg
    I use Hornady brass for my 6mm HAGAR and it is every bit as good as LAPUA! For the time being, Hornady is the only company that makes brass for the HAGAR but, it was spec'd out by people who know what they are doing. I have 11 firings on some of those cases and they are still going strong! I have used Hornady brass for my .223 also and never had any issues.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom