• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kirkster

Jan 9, 2009
    Severn, PRoMD
    Glad I went to Gettysburg a couple weeks ago. Will probably go there when they have it in Sep...

Clifjr

Feb 2, 2014
    Germantown
    Does anyone know if there will be someone doing transfers for MD residents on handguns?

I never paid attention in the past so I forget who used to do it.

I only know that of this one as she posted on her Facebook page. Here is her quote. She has a shop in the Gaithersburg Air Park and she used to be a IP here.

NATIONS GUN SHOW IS THIS WEEKEND. Dulles Expo Center in Chantilly, VA Friday-Saturday-Sunday. Extended hours. We will be there with limited consignment firearms from our Virginia location.

If you are a MD resident, we will also be there to process the first part of your regulated purchases. Most VA Dealers already have a copy of our MD FFL and will walk the firearm to our table. We will be in row 13C Main Hall, left side, halfway back.

Make sure your purchase is on the roster. Mossberg 590 Shockwaves and AR15 lower receivers are regulated in Maryland. No HQL is required to transfer a lower receiver.

Bring your HQL, Drivers License. Check the Roster and do your 77R at home using this link. ��

https://lnkd.in/eh5ejPB

Maryland residents, if you want to purchase a (MD Legal) long gun at the show, the Virginia dealer can do your background check, but you MUST have TWO forms of ID as a Maryland resident. Something that has matching name and address to your Drivers License, a vehicle registration, bank statement, etc.

See you there!

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    Just a heads up as your facing the the front the building the line on the left only gets you in the small show room. N there is no way to get to the big room unless you wait in the other line. They have the big roll up door closed. This is ridiculous

I’m here. Huge shit show. Stay home. Both sections are separated with massive lines to each And you have to wait in both lines to get into both buildings. Never seen lines like this ever at any show

Wow.. was planning to come down early this afternoon, glad I didn't.

I would bet they divided the rooms to get around some state or local rule on event size or capacity per sq foot.

ST19AG_WGreymon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 16, 2009
    Odenton
    I saw this coming, with all the stuff happening in the world and elections coming soon, as well as millions of new gun owners in July alone. Bad time to be looking for a deal.

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    I'm here now. maybe I'm a patient but its beautiful day, and the line seems to be moving pretty good. if you hate nice weather, and inpatient . this is probably not for you.

JoeyBimmer

Jul 22, 2020
    Eldersburg MD
    I went there today at 1:15 to slide into the show, the line was so long it wrapped around the building to the back. I ate lunch and took my hour and a half ride home. I wasn't going to wait for that.

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    I'm here now. maybe I'm a patient but its beautiful day, and the line seems to be moving pretty good. if you hate nice weather, and inpatient . this is probably not for you.

Outpatient is definitely better. I'd rather convalesce at home after being bent over by the vendors. ;)

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    Outpatient is definitely better. I'd rather convalesce at home after being bent over by the vendors. ;)

Lmbo :-) walked in 22 minutes. not crowded yet. but so far ammo prices are way high, but still have at least 3/4 of the show to walk through.

wabbit

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2010
    I got home around 2 PM with the intention of going to the Chantilly gun show, but our daughter had a doctor's appointment and needed the car. Then my wife and daughter took the car to go shopping. I turn on MDS and realized they did me a favor. If there's a line around the building on Friday, I hate to see what it's going to be like on Saturday or Sunday.

HonestFool03

Feb 24, 2009
    I'll be waiting for reports tomorrow on these crazy lines. Was planning to go tomorrow or Sunday, but I'm not too keen to wait in a couple hours of lines to grab the few small things I'm looking for.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

SavageShooter

Jan 10, 2014
    Arbutus, MD
    Went down got there at 12:00 p.m. I knew it wasn't going to be normal. I said I'll give it try anyway. I and several others left without going in. You can have it I'm not that insane. I left at 3:30. I went to the very first show they had there. I've been to many there and have got many good buys. Glad I have what I already have. I hope Gettysburg has a better run show in the fall.

whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    I saw most vendors have 9mm for $.65 per round. One had $.60 per round.

Didn't price 5.56.

Saw PPU Grendel for $1 per round and Hornady 123gr SST for $24 per 20 rd box.

Didn't even see deals on 30rd PMAGs, but may have missed them. Cheapest I saw was $10.95 for gen2

I don't understand having North hall closed off from South hall. Having to stand in line at the other is ridiculous.

Did get my free float tube tool for my Grendel build - onwards

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    picked up a made in 1967 Beretta made Weatherby model XXII. its in beautiful condition!! saw a few other odd and rare .22 goodies. A guy across from Precision Firearms had some nice rifle cases 3 for $40.00 .

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    Originally scheduled time off around this and planned to take my wife and two kids- changed my mind when I came to my senses and realized the prices of yesterday were just that, and that this couldn’t be a good environment to head into during a pandemic. Seems I was right on both counts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom