• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JoeyBimmer

Jul 22, 2020
    Eldersburg MD
    It was good seeing you again, BF44! You dutifully man the MSI table at every Chantilly show I've ever attended. Thanks!

I re-upped my MSI membership, snagged some mags and a few other things, and walked away from some insane prices.

I got into the Saturday morning line at 9 am. Ticket was prepaid. As I expected, the line moved quickly until the hall was full (I heard the capacity was set at 600 attendees), and then folks were let in only after others had left.

During the first hour the line only advance in dribs and drabs. Starting at about 10 am the line picked up speed as folks started to leave in numbers, and by about 10:20 I got in. There was very low density of people in the hall. Mask discipline was high.

I had a nice chat with a few folks in the line during my 2 hour + wait, so I guess win win.

Masks were majority not being worn outside, where everyone was packed together.

I bought a mag also, probably to just make the trip seem worthwhile. Having my gun for all these years and not having a 20 rounder is satisfying for me. The four mags I have now are 12's and 13's.

Catmj

Nov 6, 2015
    Baltimore County
    Geez, i was hoping to go to the show in Gettysburg in a few weeks, but after seeing these posts about waiting 90 to 150 minutes, not so sure about it. I know the Gettysburg show is much smaller, but still...

Jake4U

Now with 67% more FJB
    Sep 1, 2018
    waited 2+ hours in line. Got in line at 9am didn't get in until 11:30. milsurp prices were normal. Ammo was 20%+ more expensive.

Working the booth for MSI I was able to walk in through the exhibitors entrance with no wait. Volunteering has perks.

This is a shout out to any MSI members who might want to help out next show!

Clifjr

Feb 2, 2014
    Germantown
    Geez, i was hoping to go to the show in Gettysburg in a few weeks, but after seeing these posts about waiting 90 to 150 minutes, not so sure about it. I know the Gettysburg show is much smaller, but still...

Gettysburg has had a couple shows already since the Covid restrictions and I went to the first one. It was decent show with no crowd like Chantilly but Pennsylvania isn’t trying to pass a bunch of anti-gun laws like Virginia. I say give it a try as you might be surprised!

SavageShooter

Jan 10, 2014
    Arbutus, MD
    I'm going to Gettysburg. I don't think you will see insanity like down at Chantilly. The Chantilly location is in way more populated area. The Gettysburg All Star Complex is tucked away nice. It has always been a descent 500 table show.

JoeyBimmer

Jul 22, 2020
    Eldersburg MD
    Idiots with strollers blocking crowded aisles? :rolleyes:

I think I only saw one, maybe two strollers and they did not block anything.

With the building limit there actually was a lot of room to move around. The show I had to been to years prior had been packed in a way it was difficult to move sometimes.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    With the reduced number of vendors , the aisles were much wider , would need 3 or 4 strollers working together to block an aisle .

whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    How was the show? Did they have any decently priced ammo and guns? Was it too congested in there? I'm thinking about going next month

There are two sides of the show. Normally, there are giant garage doors open inside the building to get to one side or the other.

This show, for some <insert stupid reason>, those doors were closed, so that to go from one side to the other, you had to go outside.

There was a long long long long line to get into one side (the one with most of the vendors). The wait was... long.

Ammo prices were higher, but for what I was looking for, not outrageous. PPU Grendel was $1. 9mm was 60 cents, IIRC.

Did not see the "$5 off for AR15 magpul magazines if you buy 5" deals. But, magpul mags were about normal price.

Did not check firearm prices.

JoeyBimmer

Jul 22, 2020
    Eldersburg MD
    How was the show? Did they have any decently priced ammo and guns? Was it too congested in there? I'm thinking about going next month

There are two sides of the show. Normally, there are giant garage doors open inside the building to get to one side or the other.

This show, for some <insert stupid reason>, those doors were closed, so that to go from one side to the other, you had to go outside.

There was a long long long long line to get into one side (the one with most of the vendors). The wait was... long.

Ammo prices were higher, but for what I was looking for, not outrageous. PPU Grendel was $1. 9mm was 60 cents, IIRC.

Did not see the "$5 off for AR15 magpul magazines if you buy 5" deals. But, magpul mags were about normal price.

Did not check firearm prices.

Pricing are Firearms seemed about normal.

A handful of 600$ AR's and most everything seemed in line.

I scoured most of the ugly racks looking for a Semi 22, to then not even buy one when I found what I was looking for.

I would recommend going to the next one, I would arrive an at least 15 - 30 minutes early to avoid a longer line wait.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom