• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Who's going besides me?

Looks like I'll only get a couple days to hunt. I missed a week of work last week to a back injury so I've got a lot of catching up to do.
    I'll be hunting just outside Cresaptown. Plenty of bear spotted on cams.

Good luck to everybody!

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Looking like rain most of the week. :rolleyes:

Oh well. Ain't gomma kill'm sitting on the couch. :shrug:

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Either 300 Blk or my Savage 220. Bringing both and it will depend on the setup.

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    bro, thought you were putting a Bowie knife in your mouth and jumping the bear. Much like that cop and the huge dude.. :P

Seriously, hope your back holds up and good luck, my friend. Making space in my freezer right now. lololol

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Good luck! I’ve never put in for the lottery. My wife is a patient sort and is fine with me hunting. But she gets a little awww cutteeeee with bears.

Not so much she doesn’t mind me packing when we hike in bear country when it’s legal. But enough she’d ask twice if I had to shoot the charging bear. So hunting them is probably a no go. All those who can, enjoy.

SavageShooter

Jan 10, 2014
    Arbutus, MD
    I'll be crossbow deer hunting on private land in SW Garrett Co. just above Gorman, MD / Gormania, WV off Rt. 560 South all week. Tell the bear hunters to send the deer over to me and my nephew. I keep finding bear crap by my ladder stand, but have yet to see the bear. Good luck to ya outrider58 hope ya get one. Let us know how you do.

MeatGrinder

Ultimate Member
    Jul 27, 2013
    MoCo, Eastern edge
    Who's going besides me?

Looks like I'll only get a couple days to hunt. I missed a week of work last week to a back injury so I've got a lot of catching up to do.

Good luck to everybody!

Hunting with a bad back means you're going to get a big one! I can feel it in my bones already. Probably going to be in a difficult spot too.

Striper69

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2014
    Iowa
    Did you guys see the latest issue of Bowhunter magazine with the story of the world record Black Bear? That thing was huge! I didn't know they got that big.

AlBeight

MDS Supporter
    Mar 30, 2017
    Hampstead
    Who's going besides me?

Good luck to everybody!
    I’m going, Savage River State forest, just outside of New Germany SP. Got the rain gear out. I too missed some work last week (took off for Early Muzzleloader). Gonna be opening the laptop every minute I’m not in the woods as I didn’t get my work done this weekend. Sorry about your back pain. Got a small spike Thursday morning (looked enormous at 100 yds in the fog - yeah, not so much). Wasn’t too difficult to wheel out the mile and a half on my cart, but having been in a car accident this summer my back and shoulder has been questionable, and getting that deer out really worked over my back pretty good to the point I didn’t hunt or do much of anything Friday or today. Gonna tuff it out for the hunt this week though, probably. Good luck to everyone going this week, stay safe and shoot straight.

Oh, and my choice of weaponry, 7 mm Rem Mag or .270. Taking both, both are new rifles, and good shooters and I want to work one or both into my “favorites”.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Enough about you guys. Let's talk about ME! :lol2:
    Lots of luck to everyone. Stay safe, hunt within your abilities(we own that much to the animals we seek), and shoot straight.
    Most importantly, enjoy the freedoms we still have.

mattyrayb

Feb 23, 2010
    waldorf
    Outrider,
    Any luck? I got some advice from Tom and hunted Mt Nebo. Saw tons of signs on both the East and west sides of the park (more on the west side at the end of the gravel road). Got one at the first old clear cut.

Attachments

• 27BA268B-793D-48DC-95EC-836C53C91419.jpg
      27BA268B-793D-48DC-95EC-836C53C91419.jpg
      121.7 KB · Views: 218
    • 4760AFB5-1AFA-4028-B626-88360C739CF7.jpg
      4760AFB5-1AFA-4028-B626-88360C739CF7.jpg
      139.6 KB · Views: 217

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Outrider,
    Any luck? I got some advice from Tom and hunted Mt Nebo. Saw tons of signs on both the East and west sides of the park (more on the west side at the end of the gravel road). Got one at the first old clear cut.
    Hey, nice! Congrats!

I had no luck.

AlBeight

MDS Supporter
    Mar 30, 2017
    Hampstead
    Outrider,
    Congrats! I’ve been skunked so far on Meadow Mountain, weather has been awful. My spot I hunted 5 years ago was inaccessible Monday morning, unbeknownst to me. The fire trail I walk up 3/4 mile up the mountain was almost completely covered in fallen trees. I made it about 300 yds from the truck before I gave up trying to swim thru all the deadfall. I got thru the 1st 50 yd batch, then halfway thru the 2nd 50 yd batch before it dawned on my dumbass that even if I made it the rest of the way back, I would never be able to wheel-cart one back out thru all that crap. I’ve been dreaming about hunting back on that ridge for the last 5 years and I couldn’t even make it to my spot. That was a great start to the week. Hunted a secondary spot I picked 5 years ago and liked it a good bit Tuesday and half of Wednesday, saw no bears but one small deer. Rain kept me in the hotel today, I just didn’t feel like dealing with it. Tomorrow should be better, if this rain holds off enuf. Best of luck to anyone that’s made it this far and is going back out tomorrow.

BigCountry14

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 17, 2013
    Outrider,

Congrats!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

kstone803

Official Meat Getter
    Feb 25, 2009
    Ltown in the SMC
    Outrider,

That's awesome. Congrats. I've never put in because I would have no idea where to go but good to see some public land success out there.

Tomcat

Formerly Known As HITWTOM
    May 7, 2012
    St.Mary's County
    Outrider,

Congrats! I can picture almost exactly where you were at.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom