• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SharpShoooter

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 21, 2020
    Who is throwing this show? I'm trying to get more information. I'm looking to buy an AR, do yall think they will have some for sale there I reckon?

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    Who is throwing this show? I'm trying to get more information. I'm looking to buy an AR, do yall think they will have some for sale there I reckon?

The promoter is Appalachian, they are 'throwing' the show as you put it, but to answer your other question you would need to know what vendors are going to be there. AFAIK they do not make that list public.. although vendors themselves sometimes advertise that they will be at a certain show.

http://www.thegunshows.com/2020-events/

There were ARs at York last week. There will probably be some there, but if there are any priced at what you might call a good deal, they will probably go fast.

SharpShoooter

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 21, 2020
    The promoter is Appalachian, they are 'throwing' the show as you put it, but to answer your other question you would need to know what vendors are going to be there. AFAIK they do not make that list public.. although vendors themselves sometimes advertise that they will be at a certain show.

There were ARs at York last week. There will probably be some there, but if there are any priced at what you might call a good deal, they will probably go fast.

thanks for the information

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan

Everything is available I’m sure, the price is the only thing that changes.

SharpShoooter

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 21, 2020
    I can't find much information at the website. anybody know the price, discount tickets, items that might be there?

ohen cepel

Ultimate Member
    Feb 2, 2011
    Where they send me.
    I can't find much information at the website. anybody know the price, discount tickets, items that might be there?

$10 or so to get in, I think free if you join the NRA at the show. Worth doing if you aren't a member, plus get in free.

Guns, knives, ammo, misc military/hunting stuff. Varies a lot from show to show as different vendors show up at different shows.

whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    I'll be going if I can get some spare time.

Got some mags at York last weekend, so maybe just looking for a Savage Axis II in 270 or 7mm-08... or maybe just looking.

Waiting for Ruger to release their Marlin lever guns before picking up a 30-30...

SharpShoooter

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 21, 2020
    Thanks Ohen

Last question, may be silly,but haven't been there..... is this event Inside a building or Outside? Want to dress properly :)

FFBWMD

Industry Partner
    Oct 3, 2011
    Woodbine MD
    Just finished setting up a little while ago, good wide aisles so distancing can be recommended. Didn't walk around but it looked like a good part of the building was being used.

JChad12

Dec 11, 2020
    Upper Marlboro
    Sorry for the dumb question. Does anyone know how handgun sales work at the gun show? This is my first gun show and because maryland has the 7 day wait period at an FFL, I'm a bit confused. Would i have to pick it up at the vendors place of business 7 days later?

SharpShoooter

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 21, 2020
    I won't be able to go until Sunday :(

If anybody that goes could briefly tell me what kind of AR-15 collection is available there to buy that would be great. I assume all will be HBAR/Maryland compliant. Thanks in advance

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    Sorry for the dumb question. Does anyone know how handgun sales work at the gun show? This is my first gun show and because maryland has the 7 day wait period at an FFL, I'm a bit confused. Would i have to pick it up at the vendors place of business 7 days later?

Yes. Fill out online form for MSP, pay FFL and give them your application number and pin from the MSP online form, go to FFL's store when you get an email from MSP stating you were not disapproved.

You can do step 1 before you go to the show to save time, like right now. FFL fills out type & serial number later.

At the very least, go to MSP's site and create an online account, or if you require an HQL you may already have one.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    My wife drove past the fairgrounds on I-70 a few minutes ago and texted me that there is a whole lot of cars there. Hopefully it will be a great show!

calicojack

American Sporting Rifle
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2018
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    You do know some people actually go to gun shows to buy guns right?... The mag issue hurts us all, even us dealers here. But by all means go out of state and spend your money with other shops who dont give a shit about what we fight for and deal with here in MD!!

I like to go just to browse. You never know, I might just see something I want and buy it on the spot.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    What are the hours today? I can't come early. Don't see it on the promoter site

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    What are the hours today? I can't come early. Don't see it on the promoter site

I don't see it there either... Appalachian is terrible about updating their web page.

South Carroll stated in the first post it is 9-4 today, 9-3 tomorrow. He has will be there as a vendor, so I would assume he has access to more updated info than the web page.

At most shows people begin closing down their tables 30 min early, so I would suggest being there by 3 today.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom