• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Apr 28, 2019
    Happy holidays! I am interested in finding a very reliable and reasonable gun shop in AA county that sells used Glocks.

Any suggestions?

Antarctica

YEEEEEHAWWW!!!!
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 29, 2012
    Southern Anne Arundel
    No suggestions for used, and frankly, I doubt there's much of a savings over new in these times.

Given that, I will give a thumbs up for South County Sportsmen in Waysons Corner. Jamaal (I think that's his name) is great to deal with. They are an Industry Partner - contact info in that section.

grimnar15

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 21, 2019
    Glock’s are Glock’s so reliability should not be an issue. Hell they buried a GEN3 G17 in the ocean for 6 months and still functioned flawlessly.

https://www.ballisticmag.com/2018/05/23/glock-17-torture-test-ocean/

As far as reasonableness, used Glock value is very well established - I don’t think that there is much price variability between shops or private sellers.

In today's world prices are crazy - so you’ll likely pay more than you would have 6 months ago, and six months from now you’ll pay more than you’ll pay today.

I have an unfired GEN3 G17 (most desirable glock as slide fits with 80% lowers) that came with night sights ($550 new probably $650 if I bought it today), and a lasermax guide rod red laser ($250). I could probably sell the whole package for $800ish.

Last edited:

jstolz

Aug 28, 2018
    Glen Burnie
    Used Glocks, I am unsure. Check A&D pawn, Scott’s Gunsmith, and Arundel Firearms. All are in Glen Burnie. I haven’t been in any of the stores since before Christmas, but there was a Glock 19 at A&D.

If you want new Glocks, if you search hard enough you will find one. Cindys in Glen Burnie had a 19x. Pasadena Pawn had a few glocks, but they seemed to be priced higher than others.

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    Used Glocks, I am unsure. Check A&D pawn, Scott’s Gunsmith, and Arundel Firearms. All are in Glen Burnie. I haven’t been in any of the stores since before Christmas, but there was a Glock 19 at A&D.

If you want new Glocks, if you search hard enough you will find one. Cindys in Glen Burnie had a 19x. Pasadena Pawn had a few glocks, but they seemed to be priced higher than others.

I saw several Glocks- G19 for sure but I think it was Gen5 new at The Gun Shop in Essex last week. $550 I think was what the tag said. Looked like they had a resupply on a bunch of stuff.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    Gone seems to be the days where you could get Glock turn ins at a good price.
    I got my G17 gen 3 from Lou45 about 2 months before he passed on for just under $400.
    Big dealers like AIM would have them but those are also long gone.
    My son got a new G17 Gen 3 from Atlantic Guns (Closed until this Saturday)

Fordracer2082

Jun 10, 2007
    Glen Burnie
    Not sure if A&D has used. They are getting new glocks in every so often. There prices on new are still pre covid / election. A different local shop I know is overcharging on all guns & ammo they have.

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    I’m looking for a Gen2 17L ported if you run across one in your search. I’d also reach out to the Cop Shop downtown to see if they have any.

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    A different local shop I know is overcharging on all guns & ammo they have.

Can’t blame them- lower supply means if they don’t raise pricing the lights may not stay on. We need them in the future, those who chose not to prepare and are in desperate need have to pay what the market charges.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    For the most part ,an individual FFL isn't going to have a specialty in Used Glocks per se .

A dealer might conduct a vigorous trade in Used firearms through several strategies , but most of them wouldn't be focused on a specific brands .

( For the hypothetical exception , a very small LE or Security agency , ie too small to attract the attention of major distributor or factory direct sales rep could negeoate the trade in of retired service pistols with a local to them FFL . Or local FFL could try to outbid the trade in allowance offered by major distributor . ie if big distributor offered $100 trade in on high mileage Gen 2 G17 , and local FFL offered $150es for their dozen pistols , the agency could then make all cash purchase of new pistols , and local FFL would get a dozen used pistols in inventory for less than typical wholesale costs .

But I'm really digging to come up with that hypothetical , everyone would have to be in right place at right time with pre existing relationships . And more likely for that perfect storm in low population rural areas than in Maryland .)

JaeLess

Nov 20, 2020
    I saw a Glock 30s on Gunbroker for 549.00 (that a friend bought) with free shipping and no credit card fee. After 45.00 FFL fee, (at Tyler’s) that puts you at 600.00 for a new Glock 30s with 2 magazines. Decent prices are out there (for the Glock you want) you just have to be willing to buy online and have it shipped. The whole process took him less than 2 weeks including the 7 day wait.

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    Agree that at least now there will not be much difference in in price between a used or a new Glock, so you may as well shop for a new one!!

Very true- they hold value like a Toyota Corolla and are about as reliable and exciting. They just work.

Trigger Time

Amazed
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 23, 2013
    Not sure if A&D has used. They are getting new glocks in every so often. There prices on new are still pre covid / election. A different local shop I know is overcharging on all guns & ammo they have.

Just beware A&D will quote you a price for a transfer and then charge sales tax for the transaction. But they will give you a receipt for $0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom