• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • toppkatt

Ultimate Member
    Apr 22, 2017
    Just posted a Marlin 1895CB in 'For Sale' section.

Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter
    I was very surprised the other day when I found .308 subsonics for sale... a little high, but not too much above pre-insanity prices for subsonic loads. $1.50 a round. Once they get here I can test out how my can works on my new (to me) Mossberg Thunder Ranch.

Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    I was very surprised the other day when I found .308 subsonics for sale... a little high, but not too much above pre-insanity prices for subsonic loads. $1.50 a round. Once they get here I can test out how my can works on my new (to me) Mossberg Thunder Ranch.

If they function well, post brand please. I went the opposite route after seeing the prices and now going to try to roll my own.

mauser58

My home is a sports store
    Dec 2, 2020
    Baltimore County, near the Bay
    Been thinking about a Marlin lever in 45-70 for a while.
    My dream gun is the 1895 in S.S. and laminated stock,, they are around $2000 now.
    Figured I would "settle" for a 16" barreled blck one (MSRP 940.00),, HELL NO, they are going for OVER 2500 on gun broker..

I bought one for my son about three years ago. I paid about $650 for it back then. Yes I have seen the prices now and crazy. Not just certain lever actions but some others like Mini 14 for one. I wonder if the prices will ever return to normal if there is a normal

DavidA

The Master of Disaster
    Dec 6, 2013
    Annapolis
    Lucky for me I brought my Henry Model X in 44 mag last spring before the craziness st in. Love the side gate loading. I have 300 rounds of Winchester 44 mad with 300 gr XP AMMO and enough components to load a thousand rounds with 200 PCs virgin brass. All my other pistols are in 9mm ( glock 43, sw639, sw m&p pro) I have 2,000 rounds of that. 5,000 rnds 5,56 to feed three AR 15’s, 1000 rounds 308 m80 ball, for my two AR 10’s. 900 rnds 260 Rem for two other AR10’s. Components for 1,000 rnds of 270 win, 1,000 rnds 308 win, 400 rnds 284 win, 300 rnds 338 win mag. If my reloading room goes up it will launch my house into orbit. All of this purchased before the craziness. Can’t imagine paying .69 per round of 9mm. Never reloaded that. At .16 per round was just to cheap to justify. 9mm are relatively cheap because. The gun is nothing the price of ammo just make alternative calibers more attractive. Bad news is I don’t shoot much now because I can’t bear the thought of replacing ammo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    *not selling on this forum unfortunately, because my post count isn’t high enough...despite my join date, and feedback as a purchaser, and my countless positive feedback ALL OVER the internet by the same username)

Just 8 more complaints, and the mods will probably let you sell stuff.

viiper

Re-Member
    Dec 3, 2008
    Carroll County
    An 1895 is on my list for sometime in my life, but I'm not wanting to pay crazy prices like they are now. I would imagine leaver guns are low low on the list of trying to ban certain "assault guns", so I for now have felt I can wait for that one later, just buy when prices are not crazy as you said.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    An 1895 is on my list for sometime in my life, but I'm not wanting to pay crazy prices like they are now. I would imagine leaver guns are low low on the list of trying to ban certain "assault guns", so I for now have felt I can wait for that one later, just buy when prices are not crazy as you said.

Probably a fairly good bet, especially with Ruger buying Marlin. Remlin already took semi custom fit guns and essentially made them cookie cutter with mixed quality depending on the year, Ruger at least can incorporate some quality and very good product support.

Id love to see someone start making lever guns again in .480 Ruger, would be a wicked combo combined with a matching Blackhawk.

proto05

Dec 23, 2016
    Balto county
    Been thinking about a Marlin lever in 45-70 for a while.
    My dream gun is the 1895 in S.S. and laminated stock,, they are around $2000 now.
    Figured I would "settle" for a 16" barreled blck one (MSRP 940.00),, HELL NO, they are going for OVER 2500 on gun broker..

Hey op! A member is selling one in the classifieds right now!

Slackdaddy

My pronouns: Iva/Bigun
    Jan 1, 2019
    Saw that (and talked to him).
    I am specifically looking for the "guide gun" length and pistol grip style rifle stock. 1895SBL is my #1 choice,, 1895 Dark is #2

Hey op! A member is selling one in the classifieds right now!

Slackdaddy

My pronouns: Iva/Bigun
    Jan 1, 2019
    You paid ~600 for the stainless/Lam stock 1895SBL version??
    You are "killin" me

I bought one for my son about three years ago. I paid about $650 for it back then. Yes I have seen the prices now and crazy. Not just certain lever actions but some others like Mini 14 for one. I wonder if the prices will ever return to normal if there is a normal

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom