• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Athelney878

Jan 9, 2021
    Montgomery County
    Hello from Montgomery County!

I've been lurking on the site since June or so. I want to thank everyone for all the helpful information here. It was a great resource as I navigated the ridiculous processes in this state.

I've always been a 2A supporter, but not a practitioner until last year. Getting more familiar with firearms and buying some has been on my list of New Years' resolutions year after year, but I never seemed to get around to it. The craziness of the last year put an end to that!

Luckily, I was able to get my first firearm (a new Uberti 1873 lever gun in .357 mag - which I've wanted for more than a decade) in July and stock up on ammo at normal non-pandemic/riot prices with a little digging. I've since gotten my HQL, bought 2 handguns, became a designated collector, and I'm waiting on my C&R FFL now.

The biggest mistake I made so far was... not buying a big enough safe for all the stuff that's now on my wish list. :cool16: I'm mainly interested in historical firearms at this point - CMP m1 Garand and Savage 1917 are calling my name lately.

Longer term, I'm interested in eventually getting into deer and upland hunting, and cowboy action shooting.

Anyway, thanks again. The whole MD 2A community - here, at LGSs, at ranges, and in private sales, etc., has been very welcoming and friendly.

Dave MP

Retired USA
    Jun 13, 2010
    Farmland, PA
    [FONT=&quot]Welcome from PA!

Take a look at these [/FONT][FONT=&quot]helpful[/FONT][FONT=&quot] links – LOTS of [/FONT][FONT=&quot]amazing[/FONT][FONT=&quot] info!

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]FORUM RULES[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]Rules are written in the stone, Break the rules and you get no bones, all you get is ridicule, laughter, a shine box, and a trip to the house of pain.
    [FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Range Etiquette and Staying Safe[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Admin News and Announcements[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Gun Rights and Legislation[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Industry Partners[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]MD Shooters Firearms Map[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Acronym list[/FONT]

tallen702

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 3, 2012
    In the boonies of MoCo
    Hello from the MoCo Ag Reserve! C&R guy here. The C&R sub-form on this site has one of the best bases of historical knowledge available online. If Doco Overboard, Mawkie, SoMDMustangs, or many of the others can't come up with an answer to any C&R questions you have, you might never find an answer because they know EVERYTHING.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LikeThatHendrix

Latest threads

Top Bottom