• MEGARMS

KnowNothing
    Jun 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    Good Morning Shooters,

February Match Registrations are now open

Falling Steel Match - Saturday February 6th

https://practiscore.com/agc-falling-steel-2/register

Please Note the significant changes that have made to the Falling Steel Divisions. This was done in an effort to reduce the number of divisions that were either unused, underused, and most often misused. The new divisions are very simple and should solve all of the problems listed above.

Falling Steel Divisions

-Rimfire Rifle - Optics and/or Iron Sights
    -Rimfire Pistol - Optics and/or Iron Sights
    -Open Auto - centerfire pistols with an optic
    -Auto - centerfire pistols with iron sights
    -PCC - Optics and Iron Sights

3 Gun Match - Sunday, February, 14th

https://practiscore.com/agc-3-gun-match-1/register

We DO have the 200 yard range in February. That said, your longest shot will be about 215 yards. You may also need up to 4 (optional) SLUGS for this match.

IDPA Match - SATURDAY, February 20th

https://practiscore.com/agc-idpa-ti...y-20th-allowing-22lr-semi-auto-clone/register

Inclement Weather Policy - Ok, well it really is not a policy, but this is how we are going to roll as through the winter months. AGC Action shooting has made the decision to schedule regular monthly matches throughout the winter (unlike many other area clubs who take the winter off). While canceling events is never ideal, we will always consider the conditions of the Action Shooting bays to ensure they are

1. Safe (no excessive snow/ice/mud that may cause undue slip hazards, etc.). This one mostly applies to 3 Gun and IDPA where there is lots of movement with loaded firearms. We will do everything we can to shoot 3 Gun matches from the gravel if possible.

2. The ground in the event area is dry/frozen/hard enough as to not cause any undue damage to the fields by trampling and driving the tractor on it. This is mostly because we still do not have enough turf (hopefully this wont be a problem in 2022).

All of that said, registrations will open as normal and we will make a final determination on whether or not to hold the match just a day or two in advance. Cancelation notices will only be emailed to registered participants through practiscore.com. We appreciate your understanding of this policy and trust it is clear that the alternative is to just take the winter off (which seems silly in light of the last few winters where we experienced little to no precipitation).

Check in

8:00 am till 8:30 am. Safety brief at 8:30 am. Match starts at 9:00 am. You MUST be checked in and attend the Safety Brief in order to participate in the match.

Setup

Falling Steel - 7:00 am on Match Day - Please arrive early to help out.

3 Gun / IDPA - We typically set up these matches the day before. AGC badge holders are granted Range Badge Credits towards next years badge. If interested, please reach out to be added to the set up email list.

Arrival

Please bring your cased firearms to the Shooting Bays and uncase at a safe table. 3 gun carts are acceptable with Muzzles pointed down or straight up. Uncased long guns must be ACTIONS OPEN, ECI inserted and on SAFE.

Parking:

Please park on the gravel parking area near the Shooting Bays. You may also park at the 200 yard range and/or Memorial Hall.

Ammo restrictions:
    Pistol: 9mm-45 cal - no magnum (5.7 x 28 is PROHIBITED)

Rifle: .223/5.56 - No Steel Core

Shotgun: Bird Shot #7.5 - #9 max 1300 fps
    Slugs - Up to 4 slugs per (3 gun) match

Click Here to View the 2021 Action Shooting Schedule

https://action.agcrange.org/wp-cont...Action-Shooting-Schedule-Updated-12-22-20.pdf

Thursday Night Action Shooting 2020 1st and 3rd Thursday of the month beginning when daylight allows. Times will be from 5:30 pm till 8:00 pm. (When daylight is available).

Weekend Match Schedules

Falling Steel - Typically be held on the first weekend of the month (alternating Saturdays/Sundays)

3 Gun – Typically held on the second weekend of the month on Saturday or Sunday

IDPA – Matches are held on the 3rd Weekend of each month

Send any questions or inquires to

action@agcrange.org

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    I'm in with the kool kids for Falling Steel...
    Occam
    GMHarle
    Bibitor
    Squaregrouper

ETA- It looks like Stoveman beat me to my second position (Rimfire Pistol) by 30 seconds.

I just go so I can watch Greg shoot. I've stopped feeling bad about how fast he is, and now I just have fun watching. It's like those wildlife shows where you finally stop feeling bad for the antelope, and just have fun watching the cheetah on afterburners.

However: if they set up the in-line plate racks again, that will be the whole reason for a good day, no matter what the weather is doing.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    I'm in with the kool kids for Falling Steel...
    Occam
    GMHarle
    Bibitor
    Squaregrouper

ETA- It looks like Stoveman beat me to my second position (Rimfire Pistol) by 30 seconds.

I’m in the same squad. Great group to shoot with, glad to be back after missing the last 2 or 3. Can’t wait!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    I withdrew from tomorrow's pew pew festival.
    I am getting my artificial hip removed and re-replaced next Monday and have a shit ton of things to get squared away before then.
    Have fun.

You'll be missed! But better to get things battened down, and best of luck with the parts swap!

09PuTcU.jpg

MEGARMS

KnowNothing
    Jun 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    She finally came in and I was able to get her zerod just in time for tomorrow

Attachments

• 612F75AD-873C-4EF7-BD84-085B13AE8697.jpg
      612F75AD-873C-4EF7-BD84-085B13AE8697.jpg
      139.4 KB · Views: 118

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads