• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jed195

Ultimate Member
    Oct 19, 2011
    MD.
    I posted this in the AR-15 thread but wanted to know what you all think. I needed to blacken the OD green hand guards on my dissipator upper and wanted to do something like caution stripes. The green wasn't gonna cut it on the black lower I put together. So this is what I wound up with after some time in the garage with some flat black engine enamel (up 50 500 degrees) and some patient masking. I think it looks pretty bad ass!
    041.jpg

dreadpirate

Ultimate Member
    Mar 7, 2010
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Looks like a rifle length gas tube; is that a dissipator barrel? Very nice! What kind of butt stock is that?

Yeah those are caution handguards all right; Caution! You just broke into the wrong house *******!!!

Jed195

Ultimate Member
    Oct 19, 2011
    MD.
    Looks like a rifle length gas tube; is that a dissipator barrel? Very nice! What kind of butt stock is that?

Yeah those are caution handguards all right; Caution! You just broke into the wrong house *******!!!

Mid length gas, mock dissipator upper. Ergo F93 stock 8 position and locks up tight as a fixed stock.

TylerFirearms

, , Class-7 FFL, MRFD
    Industry Partner
    Dec 27, 2013
    Halethorpe, MD
    You'd better watch posting those pics. It looks too much like an "assault rifle". MSP may be knocking on your door to confiscate it...LOL

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011

ERGO F-93, probably the most rock solid adjustable with play. You can make it more evil by adding the strike plate. Costs a little more but has its own buffer tube.

Jed195

Ultimate Member
    Oct 19, 2011
    MD.
    Thanks for the comments, at first all I thought of was an olive and black candy cane. Been wanting the strike plate, just haven't bought one as of yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom