• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    The subject is PGO Firearms.

Yes, ATF made a ruling about taking a PISTOL and converting it to RIFLE and clarifying that it is legal to convert back to PISTOL again.

That ATF letter about pistols/rifles did NOT discuss a PGO FIREARM. a PGO is not a RIFLE and its not a PISTOL. There is no ATF letter to say that's ok with this classification of a firearm as far as I know.

No one is saying its illegal to put a stock on a PGO and then reinstalling the Pistol grip back on. The issue pops up in regards to making the barrel shorter than 18" after you play switcheroo with a PG and Stock.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Post #34 left my head spinning as I couldn't tell which parts were the qrigional quote , and which were the rebutal.

Apropos of nothing at all , somebody remind me of the Md State definition of Pistol as regards bbl length per se. I know 14in & down has meaning , but refresh me 'bout 14.1 thru 15.9in bblas.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Post #34 left my head spinning as I couldn't tell which parts were the qrigional quote , and which were the rebutal.

Apropos of nothing at all , somebody remind me of the Md State definition of Pistol as regards bbl length per se. I know 14in & down has meaning , but refresh me 'bout 14.1 thru 15.9in bblas.

Under 16" (With non pinned muzzle device removed) is a pistol in regards to transport in MD. There are other applications that Nate could clarify that fall under P.S. articles which a FFL has to comply with.

Ab_Normal

Ab_member
    Feb 2, 2010
    Carroll County
    I believe I found my answer to my first question and will (tentatively) agree with you Ab. I am far too tired to still be working/reading right now.

http://www.atf.gov/files/regulations-rulings/rulings/atf-rulings/atf-ruling-2011-4.pdf

This is why stock in box may matter:

So, if you sell both barrels with the PGO installed shotgun with stock in the box, would that be ok?

:)

I would have to say that combination of parts would be OK to sell that way based on the TC Contender ruling. To be sure the ATF should be consulted but I don't see how they could come to any other conclusion based on the TC ruling.

Sirex