• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    Just snagged a plate carrier and am looking for plates for it. I'm open to anything as long as it can withstand handgun rounds, but would prefer it to also be able to stop rifle rounds up to 762 NATO M80 Ball. I am also looking for a 45 degree holster, but prefer a 90 degree holster, that can carry a sidearm with a light mounted on the tac rail. Let me know!

ROBAR35

Living the farm life
    May 20, 2010
    Howard Co.
    I've got 2 4'x8' sheets of 3/8" ar-500 in stock now that I'm gonna start cutting targets out of soon and I will have some drops.

Captnstabn

Apr 22, 2010
    The other thread has all the info you need. For maybe 100 more dollars than steel, you can have much better protection with ceramic.

Also, Ive yet to see a steel plate that will stop m193 from a full length barrel (20"), at close distances(under 25yds). The velocity is too much for them.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    The other thread has all the info you need. For maybe 100 more dollars than steel, you can have much better protection with ceramic.

Also, Ive yet to see a steel plate that will stop m193 from a full length barrel (20"), at close distances(under 25yds). The velocity is too much for them.

I'm trending towards NIJ III ceramic plates.

BuRNMIA

May 28, 2013
    I have a few sheets that are 96"X288" in stock. :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      47.5 KB · Views: 538

coopermania

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 20, 2011
    Indiana
    i've said it before, but go ceramic. lighter and much lower chance of bullet splash causing fragmentation to the neck/face.

Absolutely, If you don't believe this, Make yourself a paper roof on top of a steel target and shoot it and then take a look at the paper. And then think about all those holes being in your neck and jaw. Not to mention your arms and legs.

AssMan

Meh...
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2011
    Somewhere on the James River, VA
    So figured I'd provide an update. My AR500 order arrived and I'm more than happy with it. The carrier is well built, and I ordered the curved plates and 6x8 side plates. Was able to adjust everything and add the accessories (magazine pouch for AR and Pistol). It is HEAVY, but surprisingly pretty easy to move in once you strap it on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom