• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    I called up Brownell's to see if everything was ok with an order I put in yesterday morning, because I haven't received an email with shipping and tracking notification.

After the first ring CS rep Sarah answered the phone and let me know that my order was released to the warehouse and was being pulled so it could be sent out. She also let me know that they were currently running 24-48 hours behind on shipping, but everything was ok.

Just wanted to share a good CS experience about Brownell's and why I continue to shop with them. Companies with great CS before and after the sale will always get repeat business from me.

AssMan

Meh...
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2011
    Somewhere on the James River, VA
    I called up Brownell's to see if everything was ok with an order I put in yesterday morning, because I haven't received an email with shipping and tracking notification.

After the first ring CS rep Sarah answered the phone and let me know that my order was released to the warehouse and was being pulled so it could be sent out. She also let me know that they were currently running 24-48 hours behind on shipping, but everything was ok.

Just wanted to share a good CS experience about Brownell's and why I continue to shop with them. Companies with great CS before and after the sale will always get repeat business from me.

Odd, I also placed an order on 3/3 and haven't heard a word. I called today and they sent me an update and the invoice they sent had the correct $$ total but dropped 3 items from the list. I was just about to call and cancel as they can't seem to get their shit straight. Never had a problem with them before, but I updated my account info and it seems that's thrown them for a loop.

edit: maybe you should send me sara's number

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    Odd, I also placed an order on 3/3 and haven't heard a word. I called today and they sent me an update and the invoice they sent had the correct $$ total but dropped 3 items from the list. I was just about to call and cancel as they can't seem to get their shit straight. Never had a problem with them before, but I updated my account info and it seems that's thrown them for a loop.

edit: maybe you should send me sara's number

I think your updated info might have thrown their systems through a loop. Also I remember reading that they were going through a warehouse transition, things would be delayed in shipping by 24 hours or more, instead of their same day shipping if ordered before 1pm.

Call the 800 number on their website. I was honestly surprised that I didn't have to go through a menu system to get to somebody.

AssMan

Meh...
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2011
    Somewhere on the James River, VA
    I think your updated info might have thrown their systems through a loop. Also I remember reading that they were going through a warehouse transition, things would be delayed in shipping by 24 hours or more, instead of their same day shipping if ordered before 1pm.

Call the 800 number on their website. I was honestly surprised that I didn't have to go through a menu system to get to somebody.

Yeah, I'll give them a call this evening. The woman I spoke with today assured me that my entire order was being processed, but the most important part(s) of that order were missing on the invoice. I'm certain that it's an address/MD related thing. :rolleyes:

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    Nope. Moved both billing and shipping to the new place in VA. They didn't like the change in address but CS pushed it through. Probably should have just set up a new account altogether.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Give the CS a chance to clear it up. I had a problem once, and they fixed it in the span of about 5 minutes.

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    I've placed three orders with Brownell's in the last two weeks. Consistent shipping delay of two to three days each time. I expected it, so no big deal. It's nice getting the dealer discount.

To put that into perspective, I placed an order with AIM this past Saturday for something in stock. Got emailed a few hours ago that it shipped today. At least I'm in no hurry to get it.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Well, Im eating my words....

They are screwing me over at the moment. How they handle it dictates my furute business with them.

I have an order with them and its been in process for 2 weeks now. CS responded to one inquiry with a vague comment about warehouse issues. I offered to pay expedited shipping too.

If I dont get a shipment notice by EOD tomorrow I will cancel the order and thats it for them with me.

bkuether

Judge not this race .....
    Jan 18, 2012
    Marriottsville, MD
    Well, Im eating my words....

They are screwing me over at the moment. How they handle it dictates my furute business with them.

I have an order with them and its been in process for 2 weeks now. CS responded to one inquiry with a vague comment about warehouse issues. I offered to pay expedited shipping too.

If I dont get a shipment notice by EOD tomorrow I will cancel the order and thats it for them with me.

Not making excuses for them. In fact if anything chiding them a bit.

Having vast experience in manufacturing and warehousing, I will tell you it doesn't take much to goof up the system. Automation, despite all of it's benefits, if not implemented correctly, can and will stop your product from leaving the door.

We at Pepsi have a very wise saying. You can never get back a lost case sale.

When you make these changes, it has to be understood that "we make our money when the product leaves the door". Companies that rely on some type of customer loyalty are FOOLS. People don't like delays, or getting screwed.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    They are refusing to give me any shipping update and they are also telling me that I can NOT cancel my order.

They wont ship but they wont cancel.

The C.S. person is Gina and I just went off on her. I also will be calling tomorrow to speak to whatever management they have.

Looks like my C.C. company will be covering me on this one.

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    They are refusing to give me any shipping update and they are also telling me that I can NOT cancel my order.

The C.S. person is Gina and I just went off on her. I also will be calling tomorrow to speak to whatever management they have.

Looks like my C.C. company will be covering me on this one.

Damnit, I don't like hearing this. Brownell's has been my go to for years and years and was just getting ready to place another order with them this week.

In fact I just got notification from them that a sight file I had on backorder and completely forgotten about has shipped. That sucker had been on backorder for a few months and I am not lying, I totally forgot about it.

Hopefully they will have the A team in tomorrow.

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll

Be sure to talk to a higher-level manager tomorrow. That's total bull crap. If an employee dealt with one of my customer's that way, chances are that employee would be quickly looking for another job. It is painfully expensive to replace loyal customers that you've pissed off with poor customer service, especially as those former customer spread ill will about you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom