• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mike20855

Mar 3, 2015
    I'll get there one of these days.. got two pistols now and still havent gotten to a range :mad:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

teqmod

redneck gun toting member
    Jan 14, 2013
    Downey Oshunn
    I may swing by this weekend. Need to do some sighting in. Only problem I foresee is it is going to be one of the nicest days in recent memory and I am sure the place will be packed. As I recall from before they let everyone go who already has a card and mine is expired which means I will have to fill out the paperwork and then sit down for a bit until a lane opens up.

mike20855

Mar 3, 2015
    Im planning on going too and it'll be my first time.. hope I can get some range time in with my new toys

I may swing by this weekend. Need to do some sighting in. Only problem I foresee is it is going to be one of the nicest days in recent memory and I am sure the place will be packed. As I recall from before they let everyone go who already has a card and mine is expired which means I will have to fill out the paperwork and then sit down for a bit until a lane opens up.

They've stopped doing the card thing at Cresap. They now just have everyone sign a sign-in sheet so you should be okay.

mike20855

Mar 3, 2015
    I went and overall had a great experience. One thing I should mention is you apparently are supposed to pay on your way out. After I signed the release, I was told to go in and find an open lane, but I figured I'd pay before I forgot so I paid first. After shooting, I stopped to pay a couple dollars for my targets and the guy said its $5 for range use. I told him I paid when I came in and he kinda huffed and closed the window. As if I'm gonna try to get out of paying $5. Kind of insulting.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Depends on whom is in the window. It's rotating volunteer duty for members there, and they do provide very inexpensive range time.

And as you said, pay on your way out, $5 per shooter, $1 per target used in a 1 hour block (from cease fire to cease fire). It's on the honor system for targets, but I tend to round up and give them a bit more as I appreciate this option in Frederick. Glad you had a great time. :thumbsup:

mike20855

Mar 3, 2015
    Depends on whom is in the window. It's rotating volunteer duty for members there, and they do provide very inexpensive range time.

And as you said, pay on your way out, $5 per shooter, $1 per target used in a 1 hour block (from cease fire to cease fire). It's on the honor system for targets, but I tend to round up and give them a bit more as I appreciate this option in Frederick. Glad you had a great time. :thumbsup:
    It would be nice if they told you that up front. Oh well.. I know for next time

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    I went and overall had a great experience. One thing I should mention is you apparently are supposed to pay on your way out. After I signed the release, I was told to go in and find an open lane, but I figured I'd pay before I forgot so I paid first. After shooting, I stopped to pay a couple dollars for my targets and the guy said its $5 for range use. I told him I paid when I came in and he kinda huffed and closed the window. As if I'm gonna try to get out of paying $5. Kind of insulting.

If that is the worst that happens to you at Cresap, consider yourself lucky.

cowboys5time25

Dec 20, 2012
    Frederick
    If that is the worst that happens to you at Cresap, consider yourself lucky.

I went today. From 11 to 1. Before I left a larger group came in and sat to my left, it looked like they brought a couple first timers Along. they began to film one of the new shooters, that's where the " head honcho" range master comes in and yells "put that shit away, put that shit away!". Really!? I can understand rules, your range your rules, but to yell and curse, uncalled for. Pos

mike20855

Mar 3, 2015
    I went today. From 11 to 1. Before I left a larger group came in and sat to my left, it looked like they brought a couple first timers Along. they began to film one of the new shooters, that's where the " head honcho" range master comes in and yells "put that shit away, put that shit away!". Really!? I can understand rules, your range your rules, but to yell and curse, uncalled for. Pos
    Sounds like a big overreaction on his part. Could have easily just politely told them that pictures aren't allowed on the range. Not a good way to get new shooters to come back and support the range :mad:

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Weird, I've taken pics there more than once, in view of RSOs, but never been bothered. Usually of just my gear and/or targets after pulling them. Maybe it's the videotaping and inadvertently filming others who may not want to be filmed, or maybe there were too many folks at the line creating an unsafe situation.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Weird, I've taken pics there more than once, in view of RSOs, but never been bothered. Usually of just my gear and/or targets after pulling them. Maybe it's the videotaping and inadvertently filming others who may not want to be filmed, or maybe there were too many folks at the line creating an unsafe situation.

I was not there. People always want to film me doing work in their homes. While I don't tell them not to(their house their right) I never allow them to shoot my face. I just don't like it. I'm pretty camera shy.

I think if the story unfolded just as cowboys5times25 stated, things could and should have be handled a little more gently as his tirade may have been more of a distraction than the offence. Like I said, I wasn't there.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Yeah, with rotating RSOs (I believe that the members have to do 8 Sundays a year for non-Sunday/other day shooting privileges), you will run into a mix of personalities. I've used Cresap more than a dozen times, starting there as a new shooter, and chatted with many a nice and helpful RSO there. If I were videotaping there, I probably would have asked before assuming it was permitted. But as you said, we weren't there and didn't see how things went down.

cowboys5time25

Dec 20, 2012
    Frederick
    I don't know any names, but it's the guy that's always there, older, gray beard, maybe the head RSO .. I don't know. I heard him yelling and turned around to him approaching the guy with the camera. I was in the middle of re loading so I looked back. its unfortunate because it more then likely ruined their first experience shooting. Hopefully they give it another shot

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I don't know any names, but it's the guy that's always there, older, gray beard, maybe the head RSO .. I don't know. I heard him yelling and turned around to him approaching the guy with the camera. I was in the middle of re loading so I looked back. its unfortunate because it more then likely ruined their first experience shooting. Hopefully they give it another shot

Kinda like I was sayin, his outburst was probably worst than the offence. It distracted you...

machman1967

Aug 30, 2009
    Frederick
    I heard that too. That dude is always loud, but he could have been more polite about. It wasn't like they swept someone with a muzzle. I must have close to you cowboys5time. I was in lane 9 from 12 to 1 shooting lefty.

cowboys5time25

Dec 20, 2012
    Frederick
    I heard that too. That dude is always loud, but he could have been more polite about. It wasn't like they swept someone with a muzzle. I must have close to you cowboys5time. I was in lane 9 from 12 to 1 shooting lefty.

I was in lane 8 and my friend was 7. I think I remember you tossing some 22 mag at me. Good times

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom