• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    cf2ac3682c653a3a9b1f8ed9e9e7f1fc.jpg

A family member is heading out to Colorado and stopped at the Sierra Factory to pick up some of the seconds they sell at the factory.

He said that it is 20 miles south of I-70 and very easy to get to.

There is about 140 lbs of bullets, 3 boxes of .30 cal and 2 boxes of .223. I don't think I'm going to need to source bullets for a while. :D

d_c

Jul 7, 2009
    Texas
    This is a great place to stop if your are passing through. They will give you a free factory tour which is a lot of fun. They've got a hell of a nice underground range for ballistics testing, and a ton of really interesting machinery to show off.

And yeah, the cheap bullets are hard to beat. Best place around to get 220 SMKs!

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    This is a great place to stop if your are passing through. They will give you a free factory tour which is a lot of fun. They've got a hell of a nice underground range for ballistics testing, and a ton of really interesting machinery to show off.

And yeah, the cheap bullets are hard to beat. Best place around to get 220 SMKs!
    It's why I asked my dad to stop in there. I need to make some subs. :D

BLS27

May 1, 2015
    Mt. Airy
    A buddy of mine just told me about this a few days ago. It really is a sweet deal! You're limited to 100lbs a day, I believe. Still, for 175grain SMK's that 4,000 bullets and almost half the cost.

d_c

Jul 7, 2009
    Texas
    Was just trying to use "3%" in a sentence. I've only heard of Sierra Trading Post; these are different businesses it appears.

Yup, different companies. This is Sierra bullets, makers of the fine (but expensive) match projectiles we all know and love. :)

It's been almost two years since I was last at the factory, but if I remember correctly the savings on some the factory seconds were more like 40%. And when they say seconds, they mostly mean that the copper jacket was an uneven color. Anything actually damaged gets destroyed rather than sold as seconds.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    Yup, different companies. This is Sierra bullets, makers of the fine (but expensive) match projectiles we all know and love. :)

It's been almost two years since I was last at the factory, but if I remember correctly the savings on some the factory seconds were more like 40%. And when they say seconds, they mostly mean that the copper jacket was an uneven color. Anything actually damaged gets destroyed rather than sold as seconds.

You are quite correct.

Price list for anybody that is curious.

http://www.sierrabullets.com/documents/2015 Sierra Bullets Factory Outlet Pricing.pdf

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LikeThatHendrix

Latest threads

Top Bottom