Machodoc

Old Guy
    Jun 27, 2012
    Just South of Chuck County
    1) Have a "gun-fund" that way your wife can't say anything
    This will (hopefully) save you from arguments
    2) Don't hide anything purchases; they always find eventually
    3) Buy what YOU want not what everyone else is buying

I'd modify #2, above. There's a sweet tipping point at which you have so many firearms that she doesn't recognize a new one unless she's there when the BBT of Happiness drives up to your doorway. My wife doesn't even roll her eyes anymore.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    Im just gonna hide behind this wall before I tell you...

3212591233_1c261006f2_b_d.jpg

...meh, it's not all it's cracked up to be. I bought 1 rifle and 3 pistols the first month I had it, which was about 18months ago. I sold all three pistols within a few months and haven't bought anything since. :shrug:

aquaman

Ultimate Member
    Sep 21, 2008
    Belcamp, MD
    Compare what? Seems like the number of 03FFLs has only increased in recent years and I'm not aware of any .gov action against C$R holders. Or are you talking about the marketplace for C$R firearms?

marketplace. not much for sale in quantity and low cost like it used to be. really sucks, I used to have so much fun with my c&r

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    For folks ideologically against the HQL (and don't want to spend the time or money), a C&R provides an alternative method to grow one's handgun collection as well as avoid the 7 day wait. There are some all metal beauts available with a C&R that can serve as nice carry guns.

toolness1

Ultimate Member
    Jan 5, 2014
    BFE, Missouri
    Im just gonna hide behind this wall before I tell you...

3212591233_1c261006f2_b_d.jpg

...meh, it's not all it's cracked up to be. I bought 1 rifle and 3 pistols the first month I had it, which was about 18months ago. I sold all three pistols within a few months and haven't bought anything since. :shrug:

To each their own.... I just logged #60 in my book since I got my C&R in 2012.

I've sold something like 4 of those 60.

:)

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    I'm looking at the Polish P64 and Tokorevs right now. I might even try for a Nagant revolver, just to have a piece of history.

Don't overlook the Makarovs, the East German ones are the nicest.

And try to avoid picking up a CZ82. When I did, my hand told me that I'd better get a few more, before they disappeared. (Apparently it was right.)

Yes, you need a Nagant. No one will ever make anything like it ever again, and it's the only revolver that can effectively be suppressed.

Never forget the working motto of the dedicated Cruffler: Guns will get you though times of no money better than money will get you through times of no guns. But not to worry; once you get that piece of paper, you can forget the second part.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    Don't overlook the Makarovs, the East German ones are the nicest.

And try to avoid picking up a CZ82. When I did, my hand told me that I'd better get a few more, before they disappeared. (Apparently it was right.)

Yes, you need a Nagant. No one will ever make anything like it ever again, and it's the only revolver that can effectively be suppressed.

Never forget the working motto of the dedicated Cruffler: Guns will get you though times of no money better than money will get you through times of no guns. But not to worry; once you get that piece of paper, you can forget the second part.
    I'm looking forward to this.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    So my packet came in today. There were fingerprint cards and a bunch of other things.

Do I have to do the fingerprint cards? There was also some stuff about water _____ and some other stuff that didn't make any sense for a C&R. What do I have to fill out and return and what can I set aside because it doesn't pertain to C&R?

Jul 1, 2012
    You don't need to do the fingerprints for FFL-03.
    As for the rest, NFC.
    It was a relatively simple form the first time I did it,
    then they went to the "one size fits all" at renewal time and I guess now for new applications too?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom