• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    I've loaded lots of subs with Lil'gun. 9gr won't cycle my pistol, but 10 will. I normally run 10.5-11gr for these (seems to be sweet spot). Mine are so consistent I can put a 5 gal bucket on the ground to catch every single case.

These won't be accurate much beyond 50yds, but they are very quiet.

220gr cast/powdercoated bullet is what I use for subs for 300 BLK.
    Considering the deal I was getting on the 220 SMK, I couldn't say no. Also since this is my first foray into making subs, I'm going with known good boolits from a known manufacturer and load data from the powder manufacturer. On top of that, I have almost 1k of the 220 SMK's. :D

Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    Considering the deal I was getting on the 220 SMK, I couldn't say no. Also since this is my first foray into making subs, I'm going with known good boolits from a known manufacturer and load data from the powder manufacturer. On top of that, I have almost 1k of the 220 SMK's. :D

And here I thought you had lots of 220SMK's lol

friendlyhippo

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 7, 2015
    Glen Burnout
    I had issues with reliable cycling (even with adjustable gas) with pistol powder, so I went with just over 10 grains of IMR 4198 (10.3-10.5 depending on the weather). They like to create a ragged hole about .4" edge to edge at 50 (5 rounds), typically just a hair over an inch at 100. This is with a 10.5" barrel though; that load will likely be supersonic with a 16".

If you're still working nights, I can send you a text when I'm off shift in about 5 hours or so with a link to a youtube video of them being fired. :)

friendlyhippo

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 7, 2015
    Glen Burnout
    I have the time but not enough cases, because I was going to use the 300 as a deer hunting caliber. So I guess it was lack of foresight on my part for not getting enough cases.

If you have 5.56 cases, when I come back to MD on leave in December I can loan you my trim saw (with jig).

I know a guy with a 55-gallon drum nearly full of 5.56 cases, so if you don't have any, he might have a couple hundred he could spare. ;)

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    I had issues with reliable cycling (even with adjustable gas) with pistol powder, so I went with just over 10 grains of IMR 4198 (10.3-10.5 depending on the weather). They like to create a ragged hole about .4" edge to edge at 50 (5 rounds), typically just a hair over an inch at 100. This is with a 10.5" barrel though; that load will likely be supersonic with a 16".

If you're still working nights, I can send you a text when I'm off shift in about 5 hours or so with a link to a youtube video of them being fired. :)
    Phone is always on my friend. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom