• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • steves1911

Ultimate Member
    Dec 2, 2011
    On a hill in Wv
    Anybody used both of these? I have a couple of the ssae triggers and really like them but im putting together an spr ish type gun and I have heard that the flat trigger makes it feel even lighter and gives you more consistent finger placement.

qorban88

Jan 11, 2015
    I solely use Geiselle triggers and stick to the SSA and SSAE. The flat triggers give a different feel, but I wouldn't say they give more consistent trigger placement, if anything it's the opposite.

I prefer to keep all my triggers the same for familiarity sake. Geiselle...great choice btw.

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    I'm building an SPR rifle and I'm stuck between a hiperfire 24C or the elftmann tactical 3 gun trigger. Both are adjustable and go as light as 2.5lbs.
    The adjustable trigger shoe on the hiperfire will definitely force the shooter to have a consistent trigger finger placement.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    The SSA-E will be better suited for the SPR/DMR type build you're thinking of. The flat bow-type triggers are better suited for speed.

I've been using nothing but Geissele's since day one (SSA-E and SD-3G), tried a hi-speed national match, and have been hooked ever since. In all this time, I have yet to have any type of FCG malfunction resulting from their use. The SSA-E had over 12K rounds on it and still was as smooth as day one, and just as predictable. GREAT trigger for that build.

Racer Doug14

Thread killer
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Feb 22, 2013
    Millers Maryland
    I'm in the same boat. I need a better trigger for my Noveske. It's a spr/dmr rifle. The stock ALG is not good enough. Primary Arms has 20% off geissele right now. $192 for the SSA-E.

smdub

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 14, 2012
    MoCo
    I have both (on AR10s). The SD-E measures no lighter unless you put the pull gauge way down at the bottom which would be awkward to do in real life. The SSAE is definitely a more consistent placement - really can't put it anywhere but the middle - that may or may not be the right height for you. Most target guns have flat bows that are typ adjustable for LOP, height, and cant(twist) - none of which the SDE can do. By target gun I mean olympic type competition (pistols and rifles.) Its personal preference one over the other. If you have no other flat bows and have never tried one, maybe not best to jump in at the deep end? If you've fondled a flat bow and liked it then go for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom