• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ohen cepel

Ultimate Member
    Feb 2, 2011
    Where they send me.
    Long story, but I can't get either of my PCP's to charge. Got a scuba tank recently and the Air Venturi adapter to fill from Pyramid Air. However, when I get up to around 1000fps the quick detach pops off and the hose flies lose from the fill valve.

Pyramid said to return it and get a Benjamin scuba adapter since it should have more detent balls in the quick detach and should hold. Does that make sense? Shouldn't the Air Venturi hold?

Thanks for any advice!

C.Alls

Nov 9, 2013
    Long story, but I can't get either of my PCP's to charge. Got a scuba tank recently and the Air Venturi adapter to fill from Pyramid Air. However, when I get up to around 1000fps the quick detach pops off and the hose flies lose from the fill valve.

Pyramid said to return it and get a Benjamin scuba adapter since it should have more detent balls in the quick detach and should hold. Does that make sense? Shouldn't the Air Venturi hold?

Thanks for any advice!
    Sounds like the quick disconnect isn't all the way forward. When you hook it to the rifle be sure to push the collar forward and rotate it as well. Also make sure the o-ring didn't blow out.

C.Alls

Nov 9, 2013
    Thanks! I'll look at it again before I send it back. Haven't tried to rotate it when putting it together.

All the collar is responsible for is preventing the little detent balls from collapsing and allowing the fill adapter to release. Study the collars location before installing it on your rifle. After it's installed the collar should be all the way forward as it is when it's disconnected from the rifle. If you send me a picture of the fill adapter you're using I most likely have a spare I could send you to get you by till Pyramid got you a replacement.

ohen cepel

Ultimate Member
    Feb 2, 2011
    Where they send me.
    C,
    Thanks for your help! I was able to get it to work this morning. I hadn't fought to get the collar back up into position. Did that this morning and it worked fine, was able to fill them both.

Of course, now I have family landing on me for days so may not be able to test them for a while now.

C.Alls

Nov 9, 2013
    C,
    Thanks for your help! I was able to get it to work this morning. I hadn't fought to get the collar back up into position. Did that this morning and it worked fine, was able to fill them both.

Of course, now I have family landing on me for days so may not be able to test them for a while now.

Lol.... I'm glad it was an easy fix. The quick disconnect will loosen up with use so just be sure it's forward everytime and you'll be fine. Good luck with the family and have a good New Years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom