• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    Anybody buy anything from them? Are they legit? A buddy was asking me about them and I figured I would ask my favorite group of sane people.

stu929

M1 Addict
    Jan 2, 2012
    Hagerstown
    Had a solid recommendation on bear creek arsenal from the guys at engage. They have very reasonable prices on barrels.

Sent from my LG-K428 using Tapatalk

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    I was wanting a SS barrel as this is going to be a Backpack gun with the War Lock system on it so the rifle can be broke down.
    That actually sounds pretty sweet. Let me know how it works out. Maybe over day do a video on it. I might follow your path, depending on if you think it is worth it or not.
    Had a solid recommendation on bear creek arsenal from the guys at engage. They have very reasonable prices on barrels.

I'll keep them in mind for my personal budget build.

stu929

M1 Addict
    Jan 2, 2012
    Hagerstown
    That actually sounds pretty sweet. Let me know how it works out. Maybe over day do a video on it. I might follow your path, depending on if you think it is worth it or not.

I'll keep them in mind for my personal budget build.
    Check them out very affordable prices.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    So far, things are not looking good. I ordered a barrel on 8/5/16 and then shipping notification was received on 8/11/16 for delivery on 8/13/16. According to the ad on their page of the barrel, I believe it is missing the front sight, the taper pins for the FSB are not properly installed, and the barrel nut looks as if it was used on a previous build. What makes it worse is that were claiming in the ad that it is a M4 profile with the M203 notch, but they sent me what amounts to a half HBAR barrel. I sent an note to them outlining the problems with the barrel and why it was unacceptable, but the place is only open Mon-Fri.

I will keep you guys updated on how this unfolds.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    Update.

They immediately sent me a shipping label, only for the label to expire within 72 hours if it wasn't printed out in that time frame. By the time I got the email, it was already expired. I asked for a new one, immediately printed it out and sent it out. The day after the barrel gets back to the company I get a phone call asking why I sent the barrel back. I explained the issues with it, and was assured that a new barrel would be sent out ASAP. Here we are a week and a half later, with no barrel, and no communication from the company. Nobody answers the phone that the company has listed under Contact Us.

If I don't hear something by Tuesday, I'm going to notify my credit card company of the issue and attempt to get my money back.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Update.

They immediately sent me a shipping label, only for the label to expire within 72 hours if it wasn't printed out in that time frame. By the time I got the email, it was already expired. I asked for a new one, immediately printed it out and sent it out. The day after the barrel gets back to the company I get a phone call asking why I sent the barrel back. I explained the issues with it, and was assured that a new barrel would be sent out ASAP. Here we are a week and a half later, with no barrel, and no communication from the company. Nobody answers the phone that the company has listed under Contact Us.

If I don't hear something by Tuesday, I'm going to notify my credit card company of the issue and attempt to get my money back.

Who is this? Wouldn't want to order from them with that kind of customer service.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    Who is this? Wouldn't want to order from them with that kind of customer service.

M4broker . com

They are out of Orlando Florida.

EDIT:

I have a pre-ban rifle and I am not going to take the chance that something that could be viewed as a heavy barrel could change the pre-ban status of the rifle. The barrel was marketed as having the front sight post already installed on the front sight tower, M203 notch on the barrel, the correct installation of the taper pins, 1:9 twist, and logic would dictate that the barrel wouldn't have been mounted before.

They sent me a barrel without the M203 notch, no front sight post in the front sight tower, the barrel was mounted before and fired, and I could push one of the taper pins back into the slot with my thumb. The taper pins did not have the riveting to keep them in place on either side of the sight tower. Also, both taper pins were sticking out of the side of the sight tower enough to get caught on something. The barrel was also marked as a 1:7 twist.

Now, if I was sent a 1:7 twist and the above issues were not there, I would have kept the barrel and moved on, thinking it was an upgrade. But when you buy a barrel that is advertised as having all of those things, and it doesn't come with any of it and the barrel extension shows signs of being mounted and fired, we have a serious problem.

It has been almost a month since the original barrel had shipped and over a month since I originally ordered the barrel. I am pissed, because I was planning on using this barrel for a specific build that I wanted to do.

mopar92

Official MDS Court Jester
    May 5, 2011
    Taneytown
    Just saying switching to an HBAR on a pre 10/1 build is legal as is switching back. The barrel may have been test fired to check headspace also.
    As for the rest, thats just shitty quality.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom