• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • steves1911

Ultimate Member
    Dec 2, 2011
    On a hill in Wv
    S&w just released the updated version of the M&P. Looks like new trigger, grip texture, full length steel insert in the frame, an additional grip size insert ,and a upgrades finnish. So far only available in 9 and fotay. http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2016/12/17/smith-wesson-mp-m2-0/

Attachments

• IMG_5160-1.jpg
      IMG_5160-1.jpg
      18.2 KB · Views: 1,430

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    Looks like the shield 45. That must have been the first one they put the new grip on.

chesapeakeIRON

Ultimate Member
    Mar 5, 2012
    Harford County
    S&w just released the updated version of the M&P. Looks like new trigger, grip texture, full length steel insert in the frame, an additional grip size insert ,and a upgrades finnish. So far only available in 9 and fotay. http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2016/12/17/smith-wesson-mp-m2-0/

Andddddd, this will be my next gun. I am actually in the market for long slide M&P/Glock so is definately something I will be considering

Thanks for the post and article link

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    I'll keep an eye on these when released.

I really like my MP compact and bought two more full size pistols used that I thought were good deals.

I like the platform hopefully the "mods" help it a bit.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    They have 9, 40 and 45 models listed, the "standard" fullsize models show with and without thumb safeties. Those delicious FDE longslide models in 9 and 40 ONLY include a thumb safety, bull spit.

Their "features" are either the same as 1.0 models )high grip, 18 degree grip), or seem to point directly to the most common shortcomings of the 1.0 models, slippery grip appears slightly less so, better trigger, some reset feel, barrel better than the slow twist crap early 9s had, a new finish and more steel in the front of the frame.
    Features
    • High grip to barrel bore axis makes the M&P pistol more comfortable to shoot reducing muzzle rise and allowing for faster aim recovery.
    • Proven optimal 18-degree grip angle for natural point of aim.
    • Four interchangeable palmswell grip inserts for optimal hand fit and trigger reach - S, M, ML, L.
    • Aggressive grip texture for enhanced control.
    • New M&P M2.0 crisp trigger with lighter trigger pull.
    • Tactile and audible trigger reset.
    • Accurate 1 in 10” twist M&P M2.0 barrel.
    • Extended rigid embedded stainless steel chassis to reduce flex and torque when firing.
    • Armornite® durable corrosion resistant finish.

basscat

Ultimate Member
    Jul 23, 2012
    I believe the 2.0 version also has the red dot for the safety and a LCI.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    I want s&w to make a m&p 2.0 in 10mm and in the 45c size. It would be the t!ts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom