• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • U.S.SFC_RET

Ultimate Member
    Dec 8, 2005
    I am asking what you guys do to improve your trigger control. I shoot in an informal league, mainly 22 rimfire and consistantly shoot 441-448 or so. Been doing this for about 5 weeks. We meet on tuesday evenings. I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that I can increase my scores. I have a Ruger MK II and just installed a Volquartsen trigger kit in it. Any advice appreciated.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Don't go half way, one handed dryfire. One hand isolates, don't teach yourself bad habits to have to undo later.

dontpanic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 7, 2013
    Timonium

Attachments

• Holding-a-handgun-with-a-cup-and-saucer-grip-401x400.jpg
      Holding-a-handgun-with-a-cup-and-saucer-grip-401x400.jpg
      33.5 KB · Views: 217

U.S.SFC_RET

Ultimate Member
    Dec 8, 2005
    Trigger problem pretty much solved and here is how I did it. Its all about placement of the sidearm into your firing hand. Press the pistol into the Vee of your shooting hand. My groups tightened up and that was what I was looking for.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Trigger problem pretty much solved and here is how I did it. Its all about placement of the sidearm into your firing hand. Press the pistol into the Vee of your shooting hand. My groups tightened up and that was what I was looking for.

That is the fundamental of good archery. It prevents torquing the bow. Different mechanics in the shot, but same principal.

qorban88

Jan 11, 2015
    Don't dry fire a rimfire without snap caps! If you get a breakage in the firing pin components, the firing pin will strike the breech face. This of course is not an issue with center fire's because the firing pin strikes nothing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom