• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • steves1911

Ultimate Member
    Dec 2, 2011
    On a hill in Wv
    Since we moved out here I've been trying to find the perfect daily beater for around the homestead and while out hiking and fishing. Tried my 3" sp101 but the short sight radius killed it for me. Just can't shoot it accurately enough past 10yds. I started carrying my Springfield loaded operator but got mad at myself after scratching it up one day splitting wood. Today I picked up this guy. A ria duo tone. The all black sights suck but thats easily fixed and a fiber optic front sight and some vz grips are already on the way. I swapped the recoil spring for a 20lb wolf. Loaded up with some 255gr hardcast at 800 fps it should do well. Now to catch that damn coyote that keeps snooping around.

Attachments

• KIMG0057.jpg
      KIMG0057.jpg
      80.7 KB · Views: 420

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    For their customer service, (for the low cost of a RIA), makes it not a beater really. Should make a fine "beater".

Exuberon

Aug 8, 2017
    Southern Virginia
    Not a bad find and it’s plenty good looking as well as utilitarian!

I also just got a Citadel (RIA) .45 1911 from a GB auction. It was advertised as new but just got my paws on it at my FFL for the 77r paperwork; and it was absolutely filthy! I know they usually test fire them at the factory but I have never seen one this cosmetically poor. Hopefully it will clean up nicely, or it too will be relegated to the camper for “beater duty” - or traded.:sad20:

Attachments

• 235CE643-3F15-4B0E-AFF8-66B009BC4CA4.jpg
      235CE643-3F15-4B0E-AFF8-66B009BC4CA4.jpg
      63.8 KB · Views: 382

lee2

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 8, 2007
    The ATI commander I checked out this weekend looked to be nicely built and had an exceptionally nice trigger.

hornbakerfella

Oct 6, 2016
    God's Country
    I picked up a 1911 on the old Maryland firearms exchange when it still existed (caught a couple really good deals on there actually). ParaOrdance GI Expert is a perfect little beater 1911 for hiking and for the price don’t mind if it gets a little character.

tony b

Ultimate Member
    Jan 20, 2012
    Joppa
    Great choice for a everyday on the homestead. The Rock Island 1911 has been a reliable affordable and fun to shoot option.
    Good luck with the coyote.

BossmanPJ

Ultimate Member
    Feb 22, 2013
    Cecil County
    Cant beat a RIA for function as a beater.

This. I have. Ton of rounds through mine and I’ve never had an issue. I shoot mostly ball ammo so that may explain it, but it eats everything. I just wish they hadn’t put that ugly ass banner on the side of the slide.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom