• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    I'm assembling an Aero M5 upper and I received 3 thin spacers. Unfortunately, when I line up the gas tube slot with the upper, the barrel nut is finger tight and the hand guard wobbles.

I know this is a long shot, but does anybody have any extra Aero M5 barrel nut spacers, so I can achieve the proper torque values for the barrel nut?

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    I'm assembling an Aero M5 upper and I received 3 thin spacers. Unfortunately, when I line up the gas tube slot with the upper, the barrel nut is finger tight and the hand guard wobbles.

I know this is a long shot, but does anybody have any extra Aero M5 barrel nut spacers, so I can achieve the proper torque values for the barrel nut?

I have some spacers but they are not specifically Aero. I think I just ordered them from McMaster Carr. If you think they will work, you are welcome to them.

3e8c1ab0dde17890d2c25cf134575e8a.jpg

They are 0.097 ID x 1.185 OD x 0.034 thick.

IIRC you are near Frederick. I’m taking the Ham radio test at the Howard county fairgrounds this morning. I was planning on sticking around afterwards and walk the show as well as maybe meet up with some other MDS members. I’ll bring the bag with me. If you want some just post a reply and we’ll meet up.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Huh, now what would be the odds that I have exactly 2 of them left over from someone else's build...

**And what would be the odds that I could actually find the damned things in the filing cabinet o' parts?

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    I have some spacers but they are not specifically Aero. I think I just ordered them from McMaster Carr. If you think they will work, you are welcome to them.

3e8c1ab0dde17890d2c25cf134575e8a.jpg

They are 0.097 ID x 1.185 OD x 0.034 thick.

IIRC you are near Frederick. I’m taking the Ham radio test at the Howard county fairgrounds this morning. I was planning on sticking around afterwards and walk the show as well as maybe meet up with some other MDS members. I’ll bring the bag with me. If you want some just post a reply and we’ll meet up.

Damn, if I had woken up earlier...

I'm on vacation through Sunday 6/3, and this project isn't going anywhere. I'd like to take a couple to see if they would fit (proprietary world of the AR-10 world, due to no mil-standard, grumble grumble grumble). If they fit, then this beast would be in business.

DutchV

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    Aero would probably take care of it if you call them. It might take a little longer, of course.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Also I’ve got at least one or two laying around. Maybe more. Also not Aero Precision, but they will probably work. Let me know. I am sure I can dig them out as I know what box they are in (it is a big box though). I don’t mind slipping them in an envelope to you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom