• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    A fellow member (POS_Leverage is a very good friend of mine) bought a Ruger Mk IV Target pistol (40126) from Four Winds Technology. After waiting about 10 business days with no contact about shipping and no change online in regards to his order status, he reached out to the company and was given the run around. After getting the run around and they stopped answering his calls and emails, he reached out to his credit card company and disputed the charge after looking on the BBB website for more information about the company. His credit card company refunded the money to him and he is moving on to get the pistol from Grab-a gun.

Buyer beware with Four Winds Technology, and don't be surprised if they do the same thing to you.

Website
    https://www.fwtguns.com/

BBB listing
    https://www.bbb.org/upstate-new-yor...ringville-ny-235985669/reviews-and-complaints

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    After being ignored by Radical for nearly 2 months, until I took action thru my bank. I've come to the conclusion that every prospective buyer needs to do their due diligence when dealing with a small/upstart outfit.

The bigger outfits, may not always have THE lowest price - but they normally won't run you around or just vanish when an issue/delay occurs.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    After being ignored by Radical for nearly 2 months, until I took action thru my bank. I've come to the conclusion that every prospective buyer needs to do their due diligence when dealing with a small/upstart outfit.

The bigger outfits, may not always have THE lowest price - but they normally won't run you around or just vanish when an issue/delay occurs.
    It was a lesson that had to be re- learned.

winch

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2011
    Towson
    I did the same thing when I tried to order an AR online. Not this company, but same shitty response, so I went through the CC company and got a refund.

DutchV

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    I always look for reviews first. There's a few that are trying to re-establish themselves by using eBay to build up feedback. Not falling for that. Once a jerk, always a jerk.

If your buddy had stuck to GrabaGun, Bud's, JoeBobs, PSA, etc - all people we've heard of who aren't schumcks - he'd have a new gun by now. The weird places can sell to somebody else until they've built up a reputation.

themoose06

Sep 11, 2016

I’ve had more issues with Buds and Grabagun than I have from small time online shops. I had a pretty frustrating experience with Buds when I was purchasing my AR10. They told me they’d follow up and pass my case up to management but they never did. Never even got a call or email back even though I called several times and was told they’d get back to me.

Grabagun wasn’t as much of a negative experience, they just wouldn’t ship an MD compliant heavy barrel windham to MD. Apparently their company policy says no AR or AK type rifles to MD.

The small time shops have been more willing to work with me as a MD resident.

DutchV

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    I’ve had more issues with Buds and Grabagun than I have from small time online shops. I had a pretty frustrating experience with Buds when I was purchasing my AR10. They told me they’d follow up and pass my case up to management but they never did. Never even got a call or email back even though I called several times and was told they’d get back to me.

Grabagun wasn’t as much of a negative experience, they just wouldn’t ship an MD compliant heavy barrel windham to MD. Apparently their company policy says no AR or AK type rifles to MD.

The small time shops have been more willing to work with me as a MD resident.

I haven't bought an AR online yet. I know both of those have been very good about other stuff I've ordered.

If you need an AR, Aero Precision will ship to MD no problem, assuming you like Aero.

themoose06

Sep 11, 2016
    I haven't bought an AR online yet. I know both of those have been very good about other stuff I've ordered.

If you need an AR, Aero Precision will ship to MD no problem, assuming you like Aero.

I ended up ordering my AR10 from a site called “Manventure Outpost” and had a great experience. Shipping was a little slow but I think thats cause the rifle had to be shipped to them to remove the mag before shipping to me. Had the lowest price I could find online and was $100 less than Buds.

I bought my Windham online through JLowes and went to pick that up in person, but that doesn’t really count.

Its difficult finding places that’ll ship to MD. Sometimes they’ll just ask that your FFL call or email them to tell them it’s a legal firearm to buy in the state.

I’ve been eyeing Aero parts but i’m sure they are far more expensive on Aero’s website than they are through E Arms.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    For me, I simply won't order a complete firearm online. Parts, ammo, reloading supplies - can go either way, sometimes local is the way to go, other times ordering it in is the ticket.

There's plenty of shops here in MD that know what they can/can't sell to a MD resident, so for complete firearms, I'll keep it local. Sometimes they can come really close to the price of an online competitor, sometimes they can't. Seeing how hostile MD can be to this hobby/industry, every sale helps them keep the lights on (there really isn't much of a profit margin for them).

engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck
    For me, I simply won't order a complete firearm online. Parts, ammo, reloading supplies - can go either way, sometimes local is the way to go, other times ordering it in is the ticket.

There's plenty of shops here in MD that know what they can/can't sell to a MD resident, so for complete firearms, I'll keep it local. Sometimes they can come really close to the price of an online competitor, sometimes they can't. Seeing how hostile MD can be to this hobby/industry, every sale helps them keep the lights on (there really isn't much of a profit margin for them).

I agree. I'd rather get in touch with Gary at High Rock and tell him what i'm looking for and give him the business.

themoose06

Sep 11, 2016
    Hope Jlowe makes come back, my Windham Hbar was $300 less through him compared to Fox’s firearms. He was priced about the same as the lowest online competition.

Some purchases I can’t justify buying local. My AR10 was 1400-1500 local without adding tax. Got it online for $1260 shipped to my FFL.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom